Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hotfishgirl

when/where do they post the new rules and regulations for this year?

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Where do i find any changes in the law like sizes of fish,circle hooks to be used only for bait,changes in stripe bass,etc???I am about to start making up my rigs for bait fishing and can't seem to find any new rules?

on the MA Wildlife site I believe they have the "abstracts" you used to get when you bought your license. I am not sure if hard copies are available, but would think that they are. Or google MA Wildlife abstracts should get you there

HFG: Most of the DFW is staffed by either biologists or other enviornmental science types and I've found very few in my experience who actually hunt and fish themselves. Many will know a lot about fish and animals, but not necessarily much about actual hunting or fishing concerns.

The Mass Div of Marine Fisheries usually follows off the lead of the NMFS... and I think they update most of what we're usually concerned about come mid February through the end of March (Stripers, sea bass, scup, tautog..)

And you can find em all here:

http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dmf/recreationalfishing/rec_index.htm

I really enjoyed the abstract book, always some nice pics and stories to read about. There was a pic of a non typical deer one uear that had absolutely crazy antlers!

Well i have been fishing for cod off of the beach front four times this year and used long shank hooks.No cod to report but i have caught a flounder and two pollock.

Mass Fish Wildlife regulates inland fisheries, The Massachusetts division of Marine Fisheries regulates the saltwater. No need to worry about circle hooks this upcoming year. As pogie boy mentioned Check out there recreational website for the most up to date regulations.