Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oakhurstclay

Fishing Logs

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

I keep a hand wriiten fishing log, but I'm curious if anyone uses a "Fishing Log Program". Which one? On my hand written log I keep going back and forth turning the pages. With a program, I imagine with the click of the mouse the information would be readily available.

On the other hand, is a log really needed. In my head I know where I fish and have been successful.

Any thoughts?

I've thought of making a written one on numerous occasions. Haven't gotten around to doing it, but i think its a great idea.  It would be helpful to look back to previous years or months and make comparisons if you logged specific wind direction, tides, barometric pressure, water temp., location,  and obviously fishing success.  If not for anything else, it would be fun to look back on and remember all the great times you had

I use John Skinner's Fisher'slog. It's great to look back the last few years and see what has worked at different tides, moon phases, wind direction, plug selection and bait present. You can put in as much info as you want. I even log the skunk days. It's a great tool

I recently started using Fisher's Log recently. Great product, so easy to track all the variables. Wish I started sooner. I still have a log/trip journal that I write about special trips in.

Been looking for a Smart Phone App myself but what is out there just hasn't impressed me just yet..

Steve

Here's the App I want:

1) Catch a fish

2) Open the App and it automatically logs the date, time, location (GPS enabled), weather conditions from nearest climatological station, sunrise/set, moon phase, tide at current location, prompts me to take a pict/vid, automatically loads the pict/vid in the log entry, lets me edit or add more comments and other details, then saves everything to my database/log in the cloud.....

Does it exist? What else would you want?

Talk to someone who has some programming capabilities about making an APP. There are a lot of people who just do this in their spare time as a potential money maker. Makes me wish I knew programming and what not better.

I use John Skinner's Fisher'slog. It's great to look back the last few years and see what has worked at different tides, moon phases, wind direction, plug selection and bait present. You can put in as much info as you want. I even log the skunk days. It's a great tool

I have also been using Skinner's back since he unveiled it. Best $ I ever spent on fishing.

I have logged every trip and it's already paying off!!!