Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

BST Transportation - Mass to NJ

16 posts in this topic

As I usually do, I want to alert BST users that I will be attending the Food Fling again this year and am offering to transport merchandise between Massachusetts and NJ. This will be the weekend of March 3rd.

Only things I ask are:

Items must be reasonable in size to fit in the Volvo (and of course legal.....I ain't being a drug/contraband courier......;)). Rods that are too long to fit inside can be transported on my roof rack, but will be exposed to the weather and road spew.

While I am willing to travel a SHORT distance (10-15 minutes) out of my way, please arrange for delivery/pick up with me. My route is 95 to 287 to the GSP to exit 98 down to Seaside Park.

All payment or other transaction between the buyer and seller is THEIR responsibility. I am not collecting or delivering cash or checks.

For items heading south, they must be in my hands no later than 3PM on Thursday March 1st.

For items heading north, they must be in my hands by 8 PM on Sunday March 4th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rthomas View Post

Steve.....why don't you go to exit 82? That's the way I go every year on vacation. I don't remember an exit 95. A 98.

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

Pretty funny...TRY and get Steve to break habit. Talk OCD.

Charleston.....82 is RT 37 straight thru to SS.

Yes I know exit 82 very well. I also know SIM well. He buys gas, stops at a particular supermarket for a lemon and usually hits a sandwich shop for a sandwich that lasts 4 days.

Exit 98 puts him on rte 34 directly into 35 and south right along the beach. Arby is also correct, if he goes to exit 82 he has to pass through the Toms River Toll plaza. The toll covers the cost of the lemon. :D If I was going to SSP I'd take exit 82 but that might be because SIM's a 2 and I'm a 288.

Aside from what Charleston said (stop for gas in Point Pleasant, maybe swing by Rick's in Lavallette, stop for beer in Ortley, stop for a sub sandwich in Seaside Heights.....the lemon, not so much for the Food Fling, only for the morning V-8 when I am down to fish ;)), by the time I get to exit 98 for Wall and Point Pleasant, I just want to get off the damn highway......and I LIKE the ride down the coast and along the Bay.....:)

And Pauley and I are all set....:)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0