Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wicked-Fly

Stony Brook

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

explored a new river today, not too bad. no fish, but that's how it usually goes for me when i venture to a new spot, eventually found a decent section of the river. anyone else fish Stony Brook in Weston? wondering if anyone has some tips for my next trip.

Thats the damndest thing.....I grew up in Weston, and was just a couple of days ago thinking of a tiny little spot, this really beautiful secluded tiny little glen with tall grass in the woods on Stony Brook maybe a half mile upstream of the old Kendall Green train station. That was 40 years ago, so probably someones stinkin' Mcmansion there now.

Thats the damndest thing.....I grew up in Weston, and was just a couple of days ago thinking of a tiny little spot, this really beautiful secluded tiny little glen with tall grass in the woods on Stony Brook maybe a half mile upstream of the old Kendall Green train station. That was 40 years ago, so probably someones stinkin' Mcmansion there now.

Ya.....this is the problem with every good memory...............:(

sorry for the wicked late reply haha, but that glen is still there and was exactly the spot I was referring to in my original post. I went back to the brook this morning and hit a different spot before work and caught a few brook trout. for 10" fish they were hammering wooly buggers pretty good!

I live in the area but I'm a salt guy but the area is still good.It does get stocked and has holdovers,if you go to the next crossing west and go upstream there is a lot of cover and the fish hang there as the weather warms up a little tough for casting but you'll catch fish.

Check around the bridges over Church, Connant and Viles street.

Then there always off the brisge and along the downstrean side of the brook near the Weston town dump.

If you are very careful...and I stress VERY CAREFUL AND ALERT, you could venture along the train tracks between Connant and Church St.

There are sections of the brook that can be accessed with a little "bush-whacking" through the undergrowth.

I saw my first moose up close and personal there some 10+ years back.

Also caught plenty of brookies.