Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yardguy71

Start to Finish - This season in Football .

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Did you figure any of these 2 teams would make the show ?

If not who did you have pegged to make it to the superbowl and possibly win it ?

I'm a Pats fan , but did not think (based on their defensive play ) that they would make it here,looked like a struggle to make the playoffs (IF they made it) .

Giants pulled it out by winning to put them here , based on mid season performance/scheduling I would say they IMO they weren't playoff material at that time .

Mid season-end looked like Greenbay to win it .

No way I expected either team to make it...The NFC was loaded up with the Giants figuring to come in no better than #3 in that division (behind Philly and Dallas) and the Patriots D appeared to (and still does) suck...and after the manhandling the Jets threw on to the Patriots during last year's playoffs, they didn't appear to improve themselves enough to compete with that team again (hindsight being 20/20, Gronk made a huge difference)...

The Giants didn't have any truly eye sore flaws, but just didn't seem (on paper) to be the team Philly or Dallas was. Eli was considered an ok QB coming into this season, but hardly 'elite'...but yet he then played his brains out this season and deserves the accolades he's getting...I won't call him elite until he strings several seasons like this in a row...but it was a huge step in the right direction...Turns out the Giants do have a flaw in terms of a weak running game, but with Manning playing like he did - the Giants overcame that...While I obviously hope Manning has an offgame next Sunday, overall I hope he can continue to make a strong case for himself

I had the Pats 10-6 finishing second to the flying high Jets and the Giants losing the division to the stacked and soaring Eagles.........the worm has turned, that's for sure.

Giants in the NFC was a very big surprise for me, I had either GB or New Orleans getting there. SF going that far surprised hell out of me too.

AFC, the Pats were not a big surprise but the Bengals and especially the Broncos were. Back in pre-season I expected to see the Steelers get to the SB.

Really thought the Jets would get into the postseason by the skin of their teeth but lose in the wildcard round - oh well, at least the big choke forced them to jettison Shotty.