Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
steingm

Braided Sleeve Sand Eel

Rate this topic

19 posts in this topic

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

May I ask you what type of needle and where did you get the tubing. I looked at B D site but I couldn't figure it out.  I don't tie like you guys. Finding the right materials is really hard. Thanks

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

May I ask you what type of needle and where did you get the tubing. I looked at B D site but I couldn't figure it out.  I don't tie like you guys. Finding the right materials is really hard. Thanks

Any thin needle longer than 2 inches long should work. Check out your nearest craft store or look for a bait threading needle in a fishing store. I sent you a PM on where I bought the sleeving. Can't post commercial links but if your willing to search, plug PET Expandable braided sleeving in your search engine.

steingm,

Hi - great idea.

What eyes do you use - 3D??. And how do you keep them from coming off? I usually use GOOP to anchor eyes.

Regards,

Herb

steingm,

Hi - great idea.

What eyes do you use - 3D??. And how do you keep them from coming off? I usually use GOOP to anchor eyes.

Regards,

Herb

Herb when I use the 3D eyes I use goop, when I use the stick on eyes as in the video I make 1 wrap around the center of them with the fine clear mono thread to make sure they stick to the curve. Then I coat them with Sally Hansens Hard as Nails. The mono disappears.

Steingm,

Thanks,

Never would have thought of anchoring with fine mono thread. Always had trouble with s/o eyes "unfolding" and looking rediculous.

After reading your post, at your suggestion I went on line and bot a bunch of sleaves - clear, black, charcoal, beige. Comes in 10' section for cheap. I bot in 1/8', 1/4" and 3/8" for the big ones.

Thanks again for the great ideas.

Regards,

Herb

reel em in - I bought my big needles in the "fabric section" of WalMart. Any fabric store should carry them. They are really cheap too.

iron fish - What I do is right click the video arrow, then click on "Watch on YouTube". Works for me and you don't have to tolerate those freaking adds/reviews.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJS View Post

reel em in - I bought my big needles in the "fabric section" of WalMart. Any fabric store should carry them. They are really cheap too.

iron fish - What I do is right click the video arrow, then click on "Watch on YouTube". Works for me and you don't have to tolerate those freaking adds/reviews.

HJS thanks I'll give it a try