Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuna or later

Antiques Roadshow FYI

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

I'm sure plenty of antique tackle makes it to the hall. It just does't get on the show, like 99% of the stuff that people bring. Unless you have a lure carved and signed by Abraham Lincoln, I doubt it's getting on the show.

I have an old antique musket I'd like to get appraised, at least from the late 1700's,

nice, that must be something to see. i would like to bring a lever action winchester 1901 10 gauge shotgun i like how they tell you all about the guns they appraise. i really have no idea if there is any value in the gun.

nice, that must be something to see. i would like to bring a lever action winchester 1901 10 gauge shotgun i like how they tell you all about the guns they appraise. i really have no idea if there is any value in the gun.

Remember, you're in Ma. You'll have to get a trigger lock for that gun first. :rolleyes:

good luck with it, I brought my flintlock to a local gun shop, he's going to do a full appraisel for me for 25$ and if I'm interested in selling it he said he could find a buyer for me, when I showed it to him he said it's at least from the early 1800's, has has all the proof markings on it, let you know how I make out,

Remember, you're in Ma. You'll have to get a trigger lock for that gun first. :rolleyes:

I think i can have it in a locked gun case without a trigger lock. Is this correct?

also trigger locks on a lever action really do not work well

I think i can have it in a locked gun case without a trigger lock. Is this correct?

Yeah, that's is fine. Trigger lock is if you are storing it outside of a gun safe.

Yeah, that's is fine. Trigger lock is if you are storing it outside of a gun safe.

Mokes is actually posting something worth listening to? Someone take a screenshot or something....

For lever actions get a cable lock and wrap it twice around the stock and thru the lever after verifying the gun is unloaded. This locks the action closed and renders the gun inoperable.

I was just trying to be a smart a$$ concerning Ma gun laws. ;)

Mokes is actually posting something worth listening to? Someone take a screenshot or something....

You mean "reading". If you are listening to SOL, you're doing it wrong.