Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chomper

How much longer will private property exist in America ?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

As we are basically a mirror to almost all of the qualities that comprised the old USSR. Religion down the tubes for many as god is viewed as nonsense and a silly old myth. Sanctity of marriage down the tubes. 37 percent of Americas children live with none or one of their parents. Respect for human life getting worse everyday. Indoctrination and propaganda of political correctness in our public schools. Media domination and idea suppression in the mainstream as but a few entities own all media and are permitted to operate only through FCC regulation. Basically a one party system. Parasitic nature of federal govt. Involvement in the foreign affairs of other sovereign nations. We have far surpassed the USSR in that arena as we have what, 6000 bases in 130 some countries. The probability of reform is almost an impossible. I.E. the patriot act and its authorized sneak and peek warrant-less searches. And the new one where US citizens can be detained indefinitely without a warrant or cause. Not to mention the body scans, cameras, and ever growing police/ quasi military forces. When we throw in our income confiscation and many other various threats against our free livelihood... just about every tenement of old USSR style communism are filled...except the freedom of private property ownership... How much longer do you see us having the freedom to own private property ? And even this is debatable given the many examples of our courts ruling against individuals under the guise of 'eminent domain' .... What say ye ?

As we are basically a mirror to almost all of the qualities that comprised the old USSR. Religion down the tubes for many as god is viewed as nonsense and a silly old myth. Sanctity of marriage down the tubes. 37 percent of Americas children live with none or one of their parents. Respect for human life getting worse everyday. Indoctrination and propaganda of political correctness in our public schools. Media domination and idea suppression in the mainstream as but a few entities own all media and are permitted to operate only through FCC regulation. Basically a one party system. Parasitic nature of federal govt. Involvement in the foreign affairs of other sovereign nations. We have far surpassed the USSR in that arena as we have what, 6000 bases in 130 some countries. The probability of reform is almost an impossible. I.E. the patriot act and its authorized sneak and peek warrant-less searches. And the new one where US citizens can be detained indefinitely without a warrant our cause. Not to mention the body scans, cameras, and ever growing police/ quasi military forces. When we throw in our income confiscation and many other various threats against our free livelihood... just about every tenement of old USSR style communism are filled...except the freedom of private property ownership... How much longer do you see us having the freedom to own private property ? And even this is debatable given the many examples of our courts ruling against individuals under the guise of 'eminent domain' .... What say ye ?

Circling the drain, no doubt. Without a return to founding principles, we're toast.

Does private property exist when a large segment of the population views "The government takes less of X's money" as "The government is giving money to X"?

See how long you keep your "private property" if you don't pay your "property tax" to your county.

We currently rent our property from the county. We only "own" it as long as we are current on the rent.

Sounds like we don;t actually own it. Rather, we have a claim to sole use, which the government protects, as long as we pay rent.

I'm talking land and the use therof...but you certainly have a point... as my income from my earnings is my property and yours is yours ... But there are very few places in this country where we are allowed to use our land as we wish... however there are still a few hidden gems with no zoning restrictions and low yearly taxes.. even here in the East... but i'll let ya'll figure out where there at.. I aint gonna be the spoiler for the blessed few .. plus I dont want any more competition to my freedom empire in progress...:p

See how long you keep your "private property" if you don't pay your "property tax" to your county.

We currently rent our property from the county. We only "own" it as long as we are current on the rent.

Sounds like we don;t actually own it. Rather, we have a claim to sole use, which the government protects, as long as we pay rent.

One way to look at it.. how do we keep the rent low ?

I'm talking land and the use therof...but you certainly have a point... as my income from my earnings is my property and yours is yours ... But there are very few places in this country where we are allowed to use our land as we wish... however there are still a few hidden gems with no zoning restrictions and low yearly taxes.. even here in the East... but i'll let ya'll figure out where there at.. I aint gonna be the spoiler for the blessed few .. plus I dont want any more competition to my freedom empire in progress...:p

Another way to think of what I said is this... let's say you 'own" some land and you decide to just live off it... grow your food, chop firewood, etc.

They will still want you to find some cash to give them if you want to stay there living on "your" property. They won't take bushels of potatoes.

As we are basically a mirror to almost all of the qualities that comprised the old USSR. Religion down the tubes for many as god is viewed as nonsense and a silly old myth. Sanctity of marriage down the tubes. 37 percent of Americas children live with none or one of their parents. Respect for human life getting worse everyday. Indoctrination and propaganda of political correctness in our public schools. Media domination and idea suppression in the mainstream as but a few entities own all media and are permitted to operate only through FCC regulation. Basically a one party system. Parasitic nature of federal govt. Involvement in the foreign affairs of other sovereign nations. We have far surpassed the USSR in that arena as we have what, 6000 bases in 130 some countries. The probability of reform is almost an impossible. I.E. the patriot act and its authorized sneak and peek warrant-less searches. And the new one where US citizens can be detained indefinitely without a warrant or cause. Not to mention the body scans, cameras, and ever growing police/ quasi military forces. When we throw in our income confiscation and many other various threats against our free livelihood... just about every tenement of old USSR style communism are filled...except the freedom of private property ownership... How much longer do you see us having the freedom to own private property ? And even this is debatable given the many examples of our courts ruling against individuals under the guise of 'eminent domain' .... What say ye ?

Wow...I didn't know...thanks...You must have been the smartest kid in class. I assume the last time you read a book you were still a kid. Hint: talk radio is not a book. "A" for effort..."F" for...wasting my time.

Haters be hatin' !

funny thing about property taxes is that they aren't really taxing us on the property. if they were, my property taxes would be identical to my neighbor with the exact same size parcel of land. when they start counting the amount of fixtures in your home to determine property taxes, you know the system is effed up.

So what's the alternative? more income/sales tax? I don't know about you all, but my tax burden went down when I bought a house. I get way more back on my taxes from the interest I pay then I shell out in property tax

I guess it all depends on how much private property you have. If we allow this class warfare crap to continue to it's logical conclusion, then it may some day be illegal, certainly unethical, to have more property than someone who has less.

It's really simple, we need to stop fretting about how much or how little a person has. None of us has the moral authority to make a decision about who should have what. None whatsover. What we ALL have a vested interest in, and absolutely ALL the government should be doing, is making sure there's equal opportunity in the public sector, primary through access to education. I contend that we have this already, and if we don't, it's the fault of the local communities and individuals themselves.

Gevernment's role is to PREVENT us from imposing ourselves on one another, not to be a tool for doing it.