Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinambition

The Super Bowl needs to be on the week after the conference games.

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

yes there's that

but. we go from the most insane 2 weeks of football all year to a 2 week lul. I hate it. the pro bowl is not a big enough excuse to go buy a case of stella.

I dont care abtou the 2 weeks, I think its fine.........I think the game needs to be moved from sunday night to saturday ngiht.....lets make it a real party.........there isnnot such thing as a real party sunday ngiht when you have to go to work monday.

I agree that the excitement fades and has to e rekindled next week.

I like the idea of a Saturday night Superbowl :th:

I'm ambivalent about the healing time. I guess maybe a bit more on the side of healing. Ballard gets the extra week too.

.........I think the game needs to be moved from sunday night to saturday ngiht.....lets make it a real party.........there isnnot such thing as a real party sunday ngiht when you have to go to work monday.

Good move for the viewing public. Bad move for the host city when losing a revenue day. More money for NFL means don't hold our breaths.

The 2 weeks window is also related to logistics, The set up itself could probably be done in10 days, not likely to be a mid week super bowl. There is a ton of infrastructure from security, travel & accomodations for press, player, VIPs, sponsor compliance, fans and the teams themselves, hundreds of miles of additional network cable, an entire telecommunication system just to accomodate cell phones. 50 more HDTV cameras than a usual NFL game and the associated video feed for the worlds largest staged event.

its like building a small city from scratch with redundancy everywhere....oh and by the way they play football too.

It's unnecessary to have the week off in between, they have done the week after tge conference games in the past and it worked fine, just eliminate the Pro Bowl since that game blows anyway

Quote:

Originally Posted by John M View Post

....lets make it a real party.........there isnnot such thing as a real party sunday ngiht when you have to go to work monday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool Hand Fluke View Post

The need to make MLK day the day after the Super Bowl....

Yes, the Monday after the Super Bowl needs to be a national holiday. I'd vote for any president that ran on that promise alone.

I'm OK with the extra week... it postpones the end of football season. frown.gif