Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TimS

Ice Holes

Rate this topic

42 posts in this topic

News story on CNN about new taxi service that will take anglers out onto frozen lakes to their ice holes and it made me :laugh:

TimS

News story on CNN about new taxi service that will take anglers out onto frozen lakes to their ice holes and it made me :laugh:

TimS

Is that taxi service gonna have HIGH insurance premiums?

For some people, it's hard to reach their icehole.

Some folks like to clear the area around their icehole, and will even invite guests to spend some time in their icehole.

Way up north, where the winters are long, some folks will actually build a shelter around their icehole.

Ya know, you can even build a fire right next to your icehole, and it wont even burn through.

I don't share the delight of the icehole that others do, but I say let them enjoy their iceholes, as long as they don't do it in public, or want like tax breaks or something.

Is that taxi service gonna have HIGH insurance premiums?

twas a bit funny, growing up in MInnesota/ Wisconsin I'd see the Ice huts lined up along the lakes and rivers once they froze over.

The testing method to see if it was safe --- push a car out on the ice-- if it didn't fall thru you were good to go... :D

I always wondered how many cars were lost by impatient anglers ..... :D

OK. The questions just have to be asked. What makes the perfect ice hole? Depth? Width? Structure? Accessibility? Prior successes? Functionality? Inquiring minds wanna know?:D;)