Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tuna or later

Odd Question

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

When i bought my house i never really noticed one of the neighbors house all that closely. Well my wife said " what is the fabric hanging on their house" i thought at first it was trash left over from construction because it looked like that back sheet that you remove from ice and water shield when roofing. Then I noticed that these 2-3 ft long black strips were applied to at least 3 sides of the house as well as their shed out back. i am friendly with most other neighbors but these people keep to themselves and never really wave or anything.

Does anyone know the purpose to these strips? religious, demonic or something else?

Do they have cedar shingles for siding? They may have had a woodpecker problem and the fabric strips act like a scarecrow of sorts? Just a guess.

They do have cedar shingles and i noticed that there a few fake owls around some of the areas that i can see from my yard. I like the idea of pesky woodpeckers rather than some type of demonic cult being in the area. I can't believe i didn't think of that because when i had my boat on a mooring for a few months years ago i used to tie bread bags to keep the seagulls in check off my boat .

Thanks