Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gamakatsu

The teleprompter candidate

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Is it considered a no-no for Republicans or only for Democrats?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politics/2012/jan/11/romney-goes-teleprompter/

Mitt Romney, like many Republicans, has mocked President Obama's use of a teleprompter, suggesting it speaks to the overall ineptitude of the commander-in-chief.

But there he was at his victory speech Tuesday -- possibly one of the biggest speeches of his life -- reading from a pair of teleprompters.

The two clear screens were hard to miss in front of the stage. They stood tall, well above the heads of the crowd that gathered on the floor of the Southern New Hampshire University dining hall to listen to the former governor's speech, which ended up being very well received.

Mr. Romney has dinged the president for using a teleprompter in the past. In 2008, he told Glenn Beck that Mr. Obama "speaks well" and "reads the teleprompter well."

The Washington Post reported that after delivering remarks during a town hall meeting in Florida in October, a woman lauded Mr. Romney: "You did all of this without a teleprompter. Good job!"

"You didn't see the teleprompter?" Mr. Romney replied. "It's in my watch, actually. I just look down."

Newt Gingrich, though, has perhaps had the most fun ridiculing Mr. Obama in his stump speeches, where he vows to challenge the president to seven "Lincoln-Douglas" style debates. "If he wants to use a teleprompter, that would be fine with me," Mr. Gingrich has said. "It has to be fair. If you had to defend ObamaCare, wouldn't you want a teleprompter?"

Asked about Mr. Romney's use of the teleprompters during his victory speech on Tuesday, the campaign did not respond.

Yahoo News, meanwhile, reported last week that Mr. Romney also planned to use a teleprompter for his victory speech in Iowa, but those plans were thrown off because the race was too close to call at the time, forcing him to resort to a version of his familiar stump speech.

Bwaaahahahahahahahahaha....meanwhile Newt's 2nd term will have men on the moon...at least that's what he said to the NASA crowd.

New word: "Newting": an extreme form of pandering...then again maybe it should be "Mitting."

Yes, the left teaching us about pandering. You did see the State of the Union Address the other night, no?

Priceless.

By the way, all this BWAAAHAHAHAhHAHA - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -?

Just curious.

Let's not go personal ... OK ?

Yes, the left teaching us about pandering. You did see the State of the Union Address the other night, no?

Priceless.

By the way, all this BWAAAHAHAHAhHAHA - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - ?

Just curious.

Colonies on the moon and a hardline stance on Cuba is pandering to the FL vote any way you cut it; left, right or center...Thank God for the sobriety that Ron Paul added on those two issues last night.

How do you feel about Romney's use of a teleprompter? For 3 1/2 years it's been a favorite of the right.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamakatsu View Post

Colonies on the moon and a hardline stance on Cuba is pandering to the FL vote any way you cut it; left, right or center...Thank God for the sobriety that Ron Paul added on those two issues last night.

How do you feel about Romney's use of a teleprompter? For 3 1/2 years it's been a favorite of the right.

Does he use it occaisonally, or every single solitary time he addresses the public?  i am asking i dont know.

Does he use it occaisonally, or every single solitary time he addresses the public?  i am asking i dont know.

I have no idea, but is a sign of weakness, isn't it? I mean looking ahead to a teleprompter is much different than looking down at the text of the speech on piece of paper. Reagan preferred the teleprompter over a paper copy too. Clinton could move seamlessly to and from his teleprompter. GWB preferred index cards and he came across as a savant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NS Mike D View Post

sign of weakness?

they cannot reconcile their teleprompter claims and how Obama mops up candidates in debates.

What claims?