Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mdw46

Mono Backing To Braid

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

Hi,

Making the move to braid and wondering which line joining knot works best . I have used albright in past and double uni to join lines . Looking for some recommendations ?

This has to be one of the most common topics. You are correct the double uni or an Albright knot will work great. For me striper fishing I use a uni knot for everything. The uni knot is very easy and fast to tie in the dark out on the jetty.  Big game fishing I have used the Albright knot to attach my top shots.  If you want to learn a bunch of different ways to join braid to mono try a search of the stripersonline main forum.  

I use an Alberto between my line and leader. I also use the same knot to attach backing mono to the other end of the braid.

With mono backing to braid I use a uni knot. I also put a drop or 2 of super glue on the knot for extra hold. I have never been spooled but I use this not with mono backing on all my reels. I am going to try the alberto knot this season insted of using a swivel to see how i like it.