Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Darth Baiter

iPod into Boom Box issue

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I can plug my iPod into a boombox using a mini-plug to RCA cable into the Aux inputs in the back of the box. The max volume is not nearly the same as when I use the CD, radio, or tape players built into the boombox. If I use the microphone input on the front of the box I get great volume but it sounds like crap. I need more volume than what I'm currently getting with decent sound quality - pre-amp the iPod before the boombox or other solutions? Not buying another boombox as this needs to work onetime for an upcoming party in a large room. Plan B is a Bose Sounddock but I'm not sure it will be loud enough. Other suggestions using the iPod as the music source?

If you are using the headphone jack you can increase the volume by raising it on the Ipod itself. I use one of those casette thingies to play mine in the car and have to find the right "mix" of radio volume and Ipod volume.

I use a docking station for my Ipod at home for the house stereo, and the volume level is fine. It's got it's own power source and uses RCA jacks for the connection. Might be worth looking into.

check the output volume level level on the ipod ..

might be able to kick that up

Uhhh duh! That helped. I don't own an iPod and had to ask the offspring how to use it. :o Also turns out the song I was testing had been recorded at low volume. Plan B is a mono PA system but it booms. :) Plan C is the SoundDock. Always have more than one plan just in case.

I will check the docking station idea. Thx KoQ.

What's a Henway? :p

Honestly the best sound comes from a line out setup. Using the headphone jack means the music is distorted by two amplifiers, the iPod itself and the stereo playing the music.

Options:

A docking stand with a line out jack (typically 3.5mm like a headphone jack) and some sort of connecting cable

A cable that goes from an Apple dock connector to a pair of RCA plugs

A cable that goes from an Apple dock connector to a single 3.5mm plug