Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
caller

OCEAN CITY Chelsea reel

6 posts in this topic

Loaded question without pics and more info!! I think there were two types of the Chelsea made, one vintage with a single cone like handle (plastic ) and a levelwind (double handle) made in the 1950's (987). I find that unless its very unusual with box and papers or a very large reel ( tuna,sward etc), Ocean City's can be bought dirt cheap and some you can't give away (especially used). Bubs

Heres Pics![ATTACHMENT=4324]Chelsea 1.JPG (1,557k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=4325]Chelsea 2.JPG (1,133k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=4326]Chelsea 3.JPG (1,124k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=4327]Chelsea 4.JPG (1,184k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=4328]Chelsea 5.JPG (929k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Yours appears to be a raised pillar Chelsea with a wood knob, clean but looks to be used condition. Check out Flea Bay where one is starting at $40.00 (probably won't sell,bad used condition) . Yours I'm pretty sure pre dates that one. There might be some value in your reel (age ,raised pillars) but also not $40.00. Thanks for the pics I appreciate it and good luck with the reel!! Bubs