Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kings over Queens

So, we are going back to the moon.

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Insane.

We no longer have that ability, nor do we have an agency capable of doing it.

Charles Bolden, head of NASA (June 2009)

When I became the Nasa administrator, he [Mr Obama] charged me with three things.

"One, he wanted me to help reinspire children to want to get into science and math; he wanted me to expand our international relationships; and third, and perhaps foremost, he wanted me to find a way to reach out to the Muslim world and engage much more with dominantly Muslim nations to help them feel good about their historic contribution to science, math, and engineering."

: "It is a matter of trying to reach out and get the best of all worlds, if you will, and there is much to be gained by drawing in the contributions that are possible from the Muslim [nations]."

Obama's EPA argued for three years over building Keystone.  A Tube.

How long to build a tube with a giant bomb in and a little condo on top?  8? 12?  35?

Well, Newt is either being super silly, or full of superciliousness; take your pick. With 40% of our budget being funded by debt, moon bases would seem to be rather low on the priority list. And they should be. :dismay:

didn't Bush say we were going to Mars 6 years ago,

just nod and laugh.

Newt wants to put a colony on the Moon.

A colony of what, I'm not sure.

But a colony, on the Moon.

:kook:

Pandering to the Florida space industry. Shameful.

Always thought he was a space cadet anyway.................

But ya know, on the other hand, might not be such a bad idea........just round up all the guys in Washington and get them on the shuttle, and off they go.....Newt can be the Captain of the craft..............might actually be worth the few hundred billion dollars in that case.....................;)

Obama's EPA argued for three years over building Keystone.  A Tube.

How long to build a tube with a giant bomb in and a little condo on top?  8? 12?  35?

who knows.....but im thking it will cost 8 or 10 trillion anyway.........

it doesnt matter anwyay, obama turned nasa into a community outreach program anyway.

I dont view space exploration as a waste at all-some day it could be a very important place for defense for starters as technologies improve -we should not let the Chinese take over space exploration like everything else -we should try to be leaders and innovators in this area - I would rather see money go towards space exploration then to say pakistan for starters