Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wildcard777

Key Remote and Phone and Waterproof Zippers

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

I've trashed both my alarm key and phone while surfcasting. I have wading jackets that advertised waterproof pockets but they always let moisture in. What do you guys do to keep your phone and keys away from the elements? Do you know of any jackets or Dry tops that have true waterproof zippers?

I ran into that issue a couple of times during the fall run.

Blackberry in zip lock didn't work for me as it still got wet, same issue with keys. For the phone, I picked up a Casio Gz'One waterproof / shock proof phone. I've used it multiple times and also tested it out at home under running water and it worked well. It's a clamshell style phone, not a smartphone.

As for the car key, I replaced the battery, but when I go fishing, I'll use the non electronic key to avoid any issues in the future.

I ran into that issue a couple of times during the fall run.

Blackberry in zip lock didn't work for me as it still got wet, same issue with keys. For the phone, I picked up a Casio Gz'One waterproof / shock proof phone. I've used it multiple times and also tested it out at home under running water and it worked well. It's a clamshell style phone, not a smartphone.

As for the car key, I replaced the battery, but when I go fishing, I'll use the non electronic key to avoid any issues in the future.

Nice. Never heard of this before. Thanks.

If I am gonna stay mostly dry, i stick it in my wader pocket. If I am getting wet it goes in my pants pocket underneath my waders.

I am gonna take a look at that simms dry bag 612fisherman :th:

Dry Pak Waterproof Cases by KwikTek - Google them. They make a complete line of waterproof bags etc. at very reasonable prices.

This one is like the one I use:

I use a small waterproof bag made by Aloksak - you can pick up a pack of them for like $10. Theyre basically a more heavy duty ziplock type bag, the pack as several sizes in them, I used them to put my keys and phone in - they seal well, never had an issue with them. Ive waded with my keys/phone in one of the bags in a pocket and theyve been totally submerged and never had an issue.

Look into keyless enter,I got one put on my truck.Solves the key problem.

Best way I know for the phone is to keep it in the truck..lol..Besides leaking,what about if you take a hard fall

And land on it can you say broken iPhone..lol.:mad:

x2 for the Alosak.

protackle has them for 6.99 for the 3x6 and 4x7 sizes. 3 to a pack. the ad says they kept waterproof for 2 weeks at 200 feet and are considered hazmat proof (says the fbi used them to transport anthrax).