The're Back!!

Rate this topic

jetskibrian

And I was there with rod, reel, some lures and net to greet them. I went fishing for Striped Bass a couple of hours this afternoon and I was not let down. It has been slow fishing the last couple of trips but today made up for it. I was fishing from my jet ski off of Virginia Beach/ Cape Henry for two hours and caught eight Striped Bass in 30 to 40 feet of water. Three on a big Stretch and the other five hit a 6oz parachute rig trailing a 42oz mojo. I kept a 36 and 40 incher. Great way to end my day. The birds, bait, boat, whales were all there. I saw a lot of people hooked up. Here are a couple pictures from today.

gotmine.jpg

Stripermojo.jpg

hydrasport448.jpg

brianwithstripedbass446.jpg

It takes alot to get me jealous but you've managed to do it several times this year... Thanks sharing.

Is that guy gaffing a fish in one of those pics?

If you look real closely, I think you can see a fish in a large net just in front of the guy holding the pole. (on second look- wellll, maybe he is gaffing) In any case, anyone know the reason it's illegal to gaff in Va,?

Nice as usual Brian!!:th:

If you look real closely, I think you can see a fish in a large net just in front of the guy holding the pole. (on second look- wellll, maybe he is gaffing) In any case, anyone know the reason it's illegal to gaff in Va,?

Nice as usual Brian!!:th:

prolly illegal because of the "lip gaff crew". gaff and release..... stick a giant hole in it and then let it go......

I stilldon't know why, but it sure is illegal to gaff striped bass:

Virginia Marine Resources Commission

Important Information Concerning

Saltwater Fishing Regulations

For Striped Bass

Regulations in Spawning Reaches of Virginia’s Tributary Rivers

Regulations in the spawning reaches of Virginia’s

Chesapeake Bay tributary rivers are the same as the

regulations for Chesapeake Bay. Except no trophy fish (no

fish 32” in length or longer) may be kept or possessed from

May 1, 2011 – June 15, 2011.

Federal Waters Regulations

Atlantic Ocean waters beyond the Three Mile Limit Line are

closed to taking and possession of striped bass all year.

Potomac River Striped Bass Regulations

Please contact the Potomac River Fisheries Commission

(PRFC) for information on regulations governing the striped

bass harvest in the Potomac River and the Spring, Summer-

Fall seasons of the Virginia tributaries of the Potomac River.

Contact information for the PRFC office is 222 Taylor Street,

Colonial Beach, VA 22443, (804) 224-7148, or (800) 266-

3904 or on the internet at www.prfc.state.va.us

Illegal to Gaff Striped Bass

Gaffing Striped Bass or attempting to gaff Striped Bass is

illegal in Virginia Marine Waters.

All Regulations are Subject to Change.

It is the Anglers Responsibility to Know and

Abide by all Current Regulations and Laws

Check for New Regulations Before You Go Fishing.

Regulations are subject to review and change throughout the year.

Information on the most current regulations can be obtained from the

Virginia Marine Resources Commission, 2600 Washington Ave., Third

Floor, Newport News, Virginia 23607, (757) 247-2200; from the

Virginia Saltwater Fishing Tournament, 2600 Washington Ave., Third

Floor, Newport News, Virginia 23607, (757) 491-5160; and from the

Virginia Marine Resources Commission internet website at

I know this issue has been raised before regarding your posts but I have to ask - what do you do with the all the bass you keep?  Yes, sure, it's fine to keep a bass now and then but it seems every time you post you end up with a shot of dead bass.  Who needs a 36" and 40" bass on the same day?  That's on top of numerous other biggies you've shown yourself keeping just this month

Recreational fisherman kill way too many fish: we have a much, much bigger impact on the destiny of the striper than the commercial guys yet you proudly keep taking more bass than a family could possibly eat.  Recs need to kill fewer bass or the fishing will never improve, and on top of that if we don't agree to tighter recreational limits the comms will continue, somewhat rightfully, to point an accusing finger at the huge numbers killed by recs and use it as an excuse for their own 'harvesting' to go on.

I know this issue has been raised before regarding your posts but I have to ask - what do you do with the all the bass you keep?  Yes, sure, it's fine to keep a bass now and then but it seems every time you post you end up with a shot of dead bass.  Who needs a 36" and 40" bass on the same day?  That's on top of numerous other biggies you've shown yourself keeping just this month

Recreational fisherman kill way too many fish: we have a much, much bigger impact on the destiny of the striper than the commercial guys yet you proudly keep taking more bass than a family could possibly eat.  Recs need to kill fewer bass or the fishing will never improve, and on top of that if we don't agree to tighter recreational limits the comms will continue, somewhat rightfully, to point an accusing finger at the huge numbers killed by recs and use it as an excuse for their own 'harvesting' to go on.

Seems like this comes up every year. I sure hope a guy keeping a couple of fish a week isn't going to deplete the stocks. I can't figure how anyone knows what recs catch. Cause there's no real record kept. I know as of the last 6 years the beach guys haven't kept jack.

Just The hundreds of fish killed by the culling commerical guys would take alot of rec caught fish just to equal their dead throw backs.