Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjbkicker39

Power Pro Line Question

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

Hey guys, quick question. It's may be dumb to some of you. I have never fished anything but the green power pro. I recently bought yellow for the hell of it. But I have no idea why I even did lol. Does color matter at all? Does a brighter color turn the fish off? Anything related to color line that anyone knows would be helpful. Again, I just never thought about it until I bought it and never used any color nor did I ask any questions. Thanks guys

Color has never mattered for me, or more importantly the fish. I've used green, neon green, yellow, white, red...... I always use some kind of leader though- mono or fluoro. Bright line helps me to see it at night.

Because I always use a leader, color doesn't matter even with line shy fish. I just use differant colors to be differant.

Besides after about three months of use it all fades to shades of white.

I like white the best, no crud on your thumbs and line guides. It's a shame they stopped selling it.

easier for you to see in the dark

i purchased yellow powerpro slick 8 for this exact reason., just like it says on the box HI-Vis a definite must have for me, especially at night that's the only reason i bought it. oh and it matches my penn battle reels perfect... put marine blue on my saltist too!! i like to color coordinate my outfits a well:D

I have always used green PP and will continue to do so, although I don't really think it makes a difference. One night a buddy and I were fishing open beach. He was using the bright yellow PP, as I was using the green. I caught 8 fish...he caught none. He joked around saying, "why did I get this dam line"...as i laughed at him. I HIGHLY DOUBT it makes a difference, but its always been something that stuck in my head....that's why I stick to green.

Color doesnt make you a better fisherman, and if you caught fish and your friend didnt..psss it wasnt the Yellow line> I have Hi>VI yellow on almost everything and people are alway's asking me

is it the color of the line the reason i catch fish...ahhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. LOL

The main reasons> It will let you know where your fish is headed/ it will also show you where your lure or bait is at depending on the amount of light (full moon it works great)

and if you are fishing a certain area with other fishermen, it lets them know where your line is at...

I also use neon green for my mono and that stuff seems to glow when a light hit it...

Bottom line> use it and see how YOU like it there are plenty of things people said i would hate and ended up loving it.. :D

Color doesnt make you a better fisherman, and if you caught fish and your friend didnt..psss it wasnt the Yellow line> I have Hi>VI yellow on almost everything and people are alway's asking me

is it the color of the line the reason i catch fish...ahhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.. LOL

The main reasons> It will let you know where your fish is headed/ it will also show you where your lure or bait is at depending on the amount of light (full moon it works great)

and if you are fishing a certain area with other fishermen, it lets them know where your line is at...

I also use neon green for my mono and that stuff seems to glow when a light hit it...

Bottom line> use it and see how YOU like it there are plenty of things people said i would hate and ended up loving it.. :D

it really makes no difference at at all to me on color except i like trying new products and i dont think a certain color of line is going to make u a better fisherman or not. it's all in the experience of that person and what works best for there set up. im actually running a 3 reels and one of which is a Diawa emblem and i put #65 sufix 832, on the other spool #70 samaurai braid and the other 2 reels powerpro.

I agree color does not matter when using a leader. I sometimes wonder though about the other fish around, I wonder if a bright unnatural color might spook em on calm back water nights. I prefer darker colors. Pretty much junk science, but sometimes the devil is in the details.

If that is the case, then wouldn't some of these very brite, unnatural colored lures also spook the fish? I agree that the devil is in the details and that is why 10 % of the fishermen catch 90 % of the fish. Color can and does make a differance, but is it good or bad. I'm old enough now to know that there is 4 ways to fish, your way, my way, the right way and the wrong way. It's all good if you are fishing.:)