Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianBM

Slow Sunday at Demo

Rate this topic

2 posts in this topic

TimS' musings on a slow weekend catch my eye because Fire Island Inlet was pretty boring, too, bar a runner in midmorning who would look good in the old Handwarmer page. I was on the beach late enough for a hint of light in the east to show. Nothing on the ocean front save suspended eelgrass. Myself, Crazy Al and a few others worked our way around the bars to the end of the inner riprap, where the one and only bass I observed on the whole beach succumbed to a clam. The water was clean enough, the tide was falling ... no life. Couldn't quite figure it. In our immediate party we had flyrodders and surf spinners and surf conventionals, but nary a rap to show for our trouble to the point I left at 10:30 a.m. Did many of you guys note that the surf was awfully quiet this weekend?

Brian-

I wasn't at Demo during the weekend, but I was there three nights last week and unfortunately I have the same to report. Nothing much of anything. Just a few herring arounf the north side on teasers and one decent fluke on a bucktail. No other game fish to report on! frown.gif

I didn't have the cojones to fish late into the evening being that I get out of bed early for a commute into Manhattan...I was hoping someone would at least report that there were fish there after I left.

Last I checked the water temp was around 53 degrees...could this be one of the reasons for a slow few weeks?? Gotta keep fishin'....