Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kones

canadian pea suop

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

with todays theme & all i thought of plesant things.heating some soup over a new sparkling can of sterno for instance,that always inspires fond memories of days gone by.while pontificating over the past soup festivals i thought of something that often bothered me.pea soup.canadian style pea soup.whats up with that?my wife makes pea soup & its the best ever cept for 1 thing.the resident canadian should be able to shed some lite on this i hope & on this day of love im appealing to his knowledge of all things canadian to help me with this delema.

I only ever ate pea soup once in my life. I can't stand those squeaky little green bastards. However, the soup I did eat once had big chunks of ham in it that made it tolerable to a pea hater such as myself. Does canadien pea soup have candien bacon in place of big chunks of American pig?? :huh:

its hard to cross check info being as canada has just recently acclimated the internet over there. but they are working feverishly 'round the clock . . .

400. . .

cross check, nice hockey reference. :th:

im still waiting for speed to chime in & tell the story.if you dont like pea soup,you will prolly like the canadian version.it aint green,its smoother,ham yes,smoked bacon yes,gritty,pasty-no.

it shouldnt even be called pea soup as the name makes people think of the green,pasty puke from the excorsist,even though i like the green style.the yellow is by far better.how can you go wrong with smoked bacon?

It's made with yellow peas and chunks of pork. After cooking, the pork is taken out and chopped into tiny pieces and put back in. Green pea soup is horrible!

only a true canadian would know such things.