Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

Help decide the 'canned tuna fish' debate between my wife and I - packs of 3 little cans vs normal sized can

Rate this topic

60 posts in this topic

I prefer to buy the packs of 3 individual size cans vs the 'normal' size can of tuna fish...basically because (at least to me) once you open the can, mix mayo, etc into it, then refrigerate what you don't use, the left over tuna tastes like holy hell the next day (I don't know why the simple process of cooling down this concoction changes the taste so drastically...but it does)

On the other hand, my wife wants the 'regular/normal' cans because you get a lot more for the buck...which is fine and I understand that. But what about the 'suck' taste? Is the savings worth it if it becomes too nasty to eat? Can the original taste somehow be restored?

So what say you? Debate away!!!!

I prefer to buy the packs of 3 individual size cans vs the 'normal' size can of tuna fish...basically because (at least to me) once you open the can, mix mayo, etc into it, then refrigerate what you don't use, the left over tuna tastes like holy hell the next day (I don't know why the simple process of cooling down this concoction changes the taste so drastically...but it does)

On the other hand, my wife wants the 'regular/normal' cans because you get a lot more for the buck...which is fine and I understand that. But what about the 'suck' taste? Is the savings worth it if it becomes too nasty to eat? Can the original taste somehow be restored?

It could be worse. You could have no tuna to worry about.

Here's the best solution, one I think likely to maximize satisfaction:

STEP 1. Buy the single, bigger can of tuna.

STEP 2. Make the tuna salad with the entire can.

STEP 3. Eat *all of it.

*A salad made from one big can is not too much for two adults to eat at one sitting.

perfect example of stupid, unimportant **** you have to think about and deal with when married....

perfect example of stupid, unimportant **** you don't have to worry about when you're not. :beers: