Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chefchris401

Reel Seat Size for Century 11ft Slingshot

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Wondering if anybody knows what size reel seat i will need for my century build.

I would measure the rod myself but having trouble actually finding one, in stock anywhere.

The blank will be either the 11ft 1327 or the 11ft 1328 century slingshot. Havent decided on what blank yet, might actually build both.

reel seat will be mounted 22.5" dead center from the butt.

Im trying to get all the other parts ordered up so when the blank finally shows up Ill have what I need and can start the build.

Also anyone know the blank diameter of the butt? need to order the x flock shrink tubing too. I looked onine for the butt diameters but none of the sites seem to have it listed.

Thanks for the help,

Chef

I have a 1327 that I hope to get started on soon. Couldn't find my calipers but a size 20 Fuji seat will slide down well past the 22.5 inch mark, a size 18 will slide down to the 23.5 inch mark, not sure if you could or would want to force it that extra inch. The size 20 seat is comfortable for me so that is what I usually use on my rods. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the replies guys, very helpful.

as far as guides going with fuji double foot k frames, i think or fuji lowriders. Ill be building a 10ft century stealth first and will see how I like the k frames on that. Im a big fan of the lowriders as thats what on both my custom lamis.

For the grip im going with the mudhole black grip instead of x flock, its like the stuff loomis used but not nearly as abrasive.

instead of a cross wrap im doing diamondback watersnake skin, got it in a few days ago, it looks crazy, black and silver gudebrod thread and some red metallic thread in there too.

should be a sick build and looking forward to fishing the RI surf with it.

chris, i have both the 1327 and 11' stealth if you want to try em out, both currently just blanks but it'll help you. The 1328 is a MONSTER....a buddy has one and he say he can throw 7oz metals with it no problem. I'd bet you could throw a brick. The 1327 is a great all-round rod for RI and you could fish the canal with it too

2 completely different animals, the SS is fast with a light tip and the stealth is soft all the way through like a GSB. Going to be at Toaster's house tomorrow if that helps you

Yeah, night and day between the 1327 and the 1328. Like Mako said, the 1328 is a monster. Heavy tins, jigs, and huge plugs are right in it's wheel house, and I even threw 5oz and a head with no issues, casts like a rocket. But it's not a pool cue when fighting a fish, just a serious blank.

I like the 1327 too, but late in the season with wind and so on, i found myself reaching for the 1328 and heavy metal.

Yeah, night and day between the 1327 and the 1328. Like Mako said, the 1328 is a monster. Heavy tins, jigs, and huge plugs are right in it's wheel house, and I even threw 5oz and a head with no issues, casts like a rocket. But it's not a pool cue when fighting a fish, just a serious blank.

I like the 1327 too, but late in the season with wind and so on, i found myself reaching for the 1328 and heavy metal.

Kevin? DId I get to cast your 1327 at the C B-way one day?

I think Hatteras Jack of Rodanthe, NC has the blanks in stock. The owner, Ryan White, helped design the sling shot series.

He has them as does CMS in New Bedford. Little more local for ChefChris ;)

theyve been waiting for an order since december 5th and havent gotten em yet.

still undecided on the blanks, might just build another lami, seeing i know it will do everything i need and more.