Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fish Hunter

Gym Rats

Rate this topic

24 posts in this topic

Asking for an opinion. 58 year old. Been working 3 to 4 times a week for the past 18mths. Lost about 30lbs and down to about 16 fat.

I would like to define the arms and chest more. So, more weight, less reps, or less weight more reps??

Eating well, doing the protein and doing some cardio, not as much as I probably should.

Not unhappy with the way its coming, but would just like to speed up, if possible the definiton.

Asking for an opinion. 58 year old. Been working 3 to 4 times a week for the past 18mths. Lost about 30lbs and down to about 16 fat.

I would like to define the arms and chest more. So, more weight, less reps, or less weight more reps??

Eating well, doing the protein and doing some cardio, not as much as I probably should.

Not unhappy with the way its coming, but would just like to speed up, if possible the definiton.

Implants.

For definition, as opposed to bulk, more reps/less weight. It doubles as a cardio workout, if you minimize the break between sets. Circuit training. ;)

Bulking is what I have done for the past month and a half. Now is the time to start cutting. Hence the question, best method for cutting.

Started supersets this week, with 5 to 7 min cardio in between. Working two muscle part per workout. Legs, chest....back, tri's. Abs, shoulders,,, legs and biceps.

Doing legs at least twice a week

there's no such thing as isolation weight training for fat loss on a specific body part, otherwise tennis players would have one shredded arm and one regular one. the heart is the only muscle that burns fat. do cardio.

For definition, as opposed to bulk, more reps/less weight. It doubles as a cardio workout, if you minimize the break between sets. Circuit training. ;)

Depends on what ur looking for. Big difference between Somalian definition and the definition achieved from building. Definition looks great when there is substantial muscle underneath the skin- something you cannot achieve with more reps and less weight.

Bulking is what I have done for the past month and a half. Now is the time to start cutting. Hence the question, best method for cutting.

Started supersets this week, with 5 to 7 min cardio in between. Working two muscle part per workout. Legs, chest....back, tri's. Abs, shoulders,,, legs and biceps.

Doing legs at least twice a week

Cut down your fat and carb intake and do mega sets. I'm talking 5 sets of 20-30 reps. Do more cardio.

At 58 you may be too old to achieve the type of development you're trying to achieve due to declining testosterone levels. 

What level of development had you had during your younger years? 

As the wife said, 25 years ago at 6'1" at 195 I looked great. Not too much fat, but there are the slight love handles. No 6 pack, but not a pony keg. :D

TJ, your thoughts might be spot on, so in the last few weeks started a supplement of Test Booster, Pink Magic. There are areas, that already have had a change. :D:D:D:D;)

Not trying to look like my 18 year old, though it would be nice...Just wanting to define the triceps and biceps a bit more. They are decent size, just want to make them appear more cut.

Might be asking too much out of the old machine.

As the wife said, 25 years ago at 6'1" at 195 I looked great. Not too much fat, but there are the slight love handles. No 6 pack, but not a pony keg. :D

TJ, your thoughts might be spot on, so in the last few weeks started a supplement of Test Booster, Pink Magic. There are areas, that already have had a change. :D:D:D:D;)

Not trying to look like my 18 year old, though it would be nice...Just wanting to define the triceps and biceps a bit more. They are decent size, just want to make them appear more cut.

Might be asking too much out of the old machine.

Watch your heart