Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HanoverStriper

South Shore Winter Trout (anyone do it?)

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

So I've got a river in my backyard that is stocked with trout every year (I believe). I have caught a few rainbows, (along with many other species) back there in the past. I would prefer to not name the river, but it's not exactly hard to figure out seeing I've posted about it in the past, and there aren't too many rivers in Hanover. I recently picked up a 5wt setup, and I'm itching to get out and play around with it. Directly in my backyard is not ideal for casting, especially with a fly rod, but there is a nice stretch of river with paths on both sides not far from my house. I'm considering getting out one morning to see if I can hook up with some trout. Anyone on the South Shore doing this, or interested in giving it a shot with me?

This weekend isn't ideal for me. About to leave my wife with three kids for the week while I go to Cali. Shoot me a pm and we will hook it up at some point soon.

i hear that! Can i come?

So I've got a river in my backyard that is stocked with trout every year (I believe). I have caught a few rainbows, (along with many other species) back there in the past. I would prefer to not name the river, but it's not exactly hard to figure out seeing I've posted about it in the past, and there aren't too many rivers in Hanover. I recently picked up a 5wt setup, and I'm itching to get out and play around with it. Directly in my backyard is not ideal for casting, especially with a fly rod, but there is a nice stretch of river with paths on both sides not far from my house. I'm considering getting out one morning to see if I can hook up with some trout. Anyone on the South Shore doing this, or interested in giving it a shot with me?

Playing near state ???