Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

The NERBs New Jersey Gathering 1-28-12

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

This Saturday The NERBs will be in Tabernacle NJ doing another rod building gathering (5th of 2012). We do not have much space left so let me know ASAP if you are interested in attending. Topics include spiral wraps, epoxy finishing, the secrets of doing clean work with flawless fit & finish. xlrods@yahoo.com if you are interested in attending or wondering what goes on.

THere are already 19 people signed up. The day will start off with a fresh Tomato pie form Philly, compliments of joe DiSanto. Wash that down with one of hte never-ending supply of a variety of beers Paul keeps in his shop fridge - and we'll be off to a great start!!

Adding a topic on building a shop, ideas, tools, etc.

Damn, I didn't think you guys even liked the last one. 20 guys.....I just might have to bring 2 of them !!!!!!

Tomatoe pie and beer for breakfast instead of coffee and donuts, now your talkin' !!!!!!! See ya Saturday morning, Joe

You might need to order 2 of them, i'l give you the money. I love getting "treats" at gatherings. I didn' tknow what the hell it was last time, I was scared. Until I said what hte hell and had one. Then 2. Then 5 slices, lmao.

Menu:

Chili

Stuffed clams

Clam pie

Tomato pies from Philly

Penne

Indian food

Donuts

chocolate chip cheesecake

Mint chip brownies

There will be so many different kinds of beer as well, Sierra, Dogfishhead, Sam Adams, and a lot more.

This alone is worth the $40 admission. Add to that 8 hours of Q & A about rodbuilding, and another 6 hours hanging out, plus some of the sickest rods in the world made by several well known builders. The NERBs State of Mind catching on like wildfire.

Add baked ziti, potato & macroni salad, and 15#'s worth of Italian pork for sandwiches...and peppers.

Anyone who was considering attending and didn't - you really screwed up on this one. This will be one of the best gatherings ever.

I was having flaskbacks of last weeks crumb cake. Looking forward ot SAturday, going to be a really good day. Gorgeous weather, great group, amazing food and a lot of it. Can't ask for more the last Saturday in January

Yesterday, I attended my 4th Nerbs Gathering in New Jersey at Pauls' home. It is always a enlightening experience, to say the least. These guys are nuts. They are the most talented group of rod builders you could ever imagine. The quality on these rods are second to none. I learn more in 1 day from all the presentions these guys put on than any DVD or book you could own. The willingness to share all their knowledge, their kindness and hospitality is what makes these gatherings so great, not to mention all the great food. As always I left there a little smarter and probably about 5# heavier. What a great time!!! Thanks to all the Nerbs again for this chance to learn more and special thanks to Paul and his family for all their hospitality. I would always like to come to the next one whenever they are available. Billy, thanks for continuing to have these, they are invaluable to me. See all of you next time......Joe D

Hope your back is feeling better today. Joe, you "get it", it's nice when you get home and think back and say I had a great time today, I don't care what it is that you do, car racing, pottery, building rods - you have ot enjoy yourself. I'm glad that I have such a great group of guys part of The NERBs, it really makes building rods so much more fun. Th ework that was on display yesterday, under the 10x magnifying glass while watching Beavis & Butthead - lmao come on who does that? no seriously there is so much high quality work on display it's crazy.