work truck / fishing truck '02 f150 4 x 2

2 posts in this topic

[img=

p><p>  <a href=[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2878975/width/600/height/450]

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2878977/width/600/height/450]

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2878978/width/600/height/450' alt='450'>

I'm buying a new truck in late april / early may and this one will have to go. I would not be able to hand it over to a buyer until early may. I'm trying to pass on a good deal to an SOL member instead of taking the dealer's low offer. I'd like to sell it with some extras for $2600. Blue book says $3300 without the rack/toolbox, which are worth good money on their own.

it's a 4 x 2 automatic with a 4.2 liter v6, 169k miles. reg cab, long bed. It is the bare-bones XL package, but has some nice stuff added: hitch w/ trailer break, sliding rear glass, k&n air filter, bed liner, and I have a trac-rack (with rod holders) and uws toolbox on it (a nice high quality one, not a pos husky or similar). It gets about 12 city / 18 hwy

I am the second owner. The first guy used it to commute long distance and tow a small ATV on a trailer, and I have owned it for 3 years and used it mainly for fishing and transporting furniture... basically it has never been beaten on or used commercially. Never been in an accident.

The good: This truck has had full synthetic oil changes every 6 months for its entire life. It starts up and runs like a top. The tires are only 12k miles old. New battery, new front brake rotors last year. Did some work to get the check engine light off a couple of years ago including intake gaskets ($$). The frame is clean with only minor rust. It has a spare key and a tool box key. Heat and A/C absolutely crank in this truck.

The bad : It should get a rear brake job sooner rather than later. I have battled with the check engine light in the past, always with the emissions codes p171 and p174. (currently the engine light is not on). It does not drive well in the snow.

Cosmetic issues: The crappy steel bumpers have rusted and been painted with rustoleum. There is a ding in the tailgate. The vinyl on the bench seat is ripped in a few places. I've touched up some spots with paint that don't look professional.

Basically this is a strong truck with a ton of life left. I've treated it really well as it is my daily driver, it's a shame I have to let it go. There are really no issues on the horizon except for the inevitable stuff that happens to 10 year old trucks with high miles. I think the way it's priced would make it a great work truck or dedicated fishing vehicle, or like me you could use it for a daily driver for as long as you want to do the maintenance. I would keep it, but i have need for a car-seat capable truck as of may :D I have no problem letting you show it to your mechanic before purchasing.

post any questions here or if you want my phone number to discuss it more seriously.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0