superstriper

NJ Gov calls Newt a total embarrassment

Rate this topic

30 posts in this topic

The thing is, he isn't wrong.

Newt was fined for ethics violations.

Newt was run out of the party.

Newt has some issues to explain.

And Newt isn't likely to offer him VP nod.

So there is that too.

The thing is, he isn't wrong.

Newt was fined for ethics violations.

Newt was run out of the party.

Newt has some issues to explain.

And Newt isn't likely to offer him VP nod.

So there is that too.

the problem is, newt might end up being the candidate and if we're to unseat the great leader, we will need all hands on deck. these guys would all be wise to remember that.

the problem is, newt might end up being the candidate and if we're to unseat the great leader, we will need all hands on deck. these guys would all be wise to remember that.

That is very true because there is no way I would vote for Newt. Romney would have my vote but if it's Newt then I may be forced to vote for Obama and that would be pretty sad in my view of things...... So if Newt is the guy then I see the Reps loosing the middle ground pretty fast and they are gonna need every Rep in existence to get out and vote to take Obama down and that still may not be enough.

John

That is very true because there is no way I would vote for Newt. Romney would have my vote but if it's Newt then I may be forced to vote for Obama and that would be pretty sad in my view of things......

John

This I don't understand.

Why in the world would you feel "forced" to vote for Obama over Newt? Instead why not write in Romney's name, or someone else who you actually want to vote for?

I don't get it.

This I don't understand.

Why in the world would you feel "forced" to vote for Obama over Newt? Instead why not write in Romney's name, or someone else who you actually want to vote for?

I don't get it.

Man, I wouldn't vote for BHO in a million years. None of the Reps is my ideal candidate, but this joker needs to go.

newt as the nominee means you get 4 more yrs of ron paul

newt has no shot......the party faithful big lever pullers will vote for newt.....but thats it.

I too dont get how you can switch from a rep to obama.......I can see going 3rd party. But to go from voting for a rep to a dem, shows very little beleif in what yuo think are your princeples.

I don't get it.

Because I am not a Rep or A Dem. I am in the middle ground area and I would vote for Romney but there is no way I would vote for Newt. I wouldn't even go out and vote if it was for a write-in or a third party candidate, I have better things I could do like organize my sock drawer.......

I know what we have with Obama and that is stalemate. He's not going to get anything major on his agenda done because the Reps are there to block it. I think in fact the Reps will have the House and Senate after this election. If Obama is still around after that then he's either gonna work with them or nothing gets done and at least you have some kind of balance/Stalemate.

If we put in a guy like Newt who I have zero and I mean ZERO trust for, with Rep control of the House and Senate I think your gonna see mistakes made just as big if not bigger than Obama and the Dems made. I'm just not FOR that........

John

The campaign hasn't even started, yet we're already hearing the psycho-babble of 'Newt has no shot'. I would expect that from the 'progressive' graveyard whistlers, but not from folks who still have a smattering of common sense. :squid:

I'll have to overlook a lot of faults, foibles, and 'foul' ups to pull the lever for Newt, but there is no way in Hell, I would vote for Obama over Newt. ABO. And I would remind that all Newt has to do is carry the usual 'conservative' states, and then most of the 'swing' states Obumbler took in '08. Query; can Newt carry states like Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina, Florida, Nevada, Colorado and Pennsylvania? I would answer with a resounding 'YES', he can, and likely will, for the most part. If nothing else, Middle America will vote against Obama, if not for Newt, just to send the 'progressives' a message of what they can do with their 'Hope & Change' bullspit. 2010 was the writing on the wall. Why do folks fail to see that? :huh:..:dismay:

The election may be an Electoral College squeaker, but I think Newt could pull it out. It is anything but a foregone conclusion that Obama wins re-election.

I would vote for Romney but there is no way I would vote for Newt. I wouldn't even go out and vote if it was for a write-in or a third party candidate,

So a vote for Obama is a vote against Newt? Is that accurate?

I don't mean to put words in your mouth but it seems to me that you want to vote for who is likely to win. A vote for a 3rd party candidate who believes in the things that you believe in but isn't likely to win isn't a wasted vote. Just my .02.

As to the OP, it is one thing to endorse a candidate, it is quite another to totally bad-mouth one of your own. If Christie can't wrap his mind around that fundamental concept, maybe he should push away from the buffet table, and learn to keep his big, fat pie hole shut. The blatherings of 'moderate' NE Republicans aren't worth a hill of beans in the general election, as these are the People's Republics, and with the exception of NH, and possibly ME, have no chance of going Republican this fall. :squid:

So a vote for Obama is a vote against Newt? Is that accurate?

I don't mean to put words in your mouth but it seems to me that you want to vote for who is likely to win. A vote for a 3rd party candidate who believes in the things that you believe in but isn't likely to win isn't a wasted vote. Just my .02.

Yes, at that point it would be a vote against Newt. Read the rest of my last post and it makes a lot of sense, at least to me. I'm not voting for the person who has the best shot to win but the person who will do OR will be ABLE to do the least amount of damage to the country. Obama would be sterilized if he were to get re-elected because the Reps are going to have the House and Senate...... Hell, for the most part he is already sterilized with the Reps having just the House.

John

but the person who will do OR will be ABLE to do the least amount of damage to the country.

Obamacare.

That single thing alone is sufficient enough for me to scoff at your premise.

It's your vote John and i don't mean to come across as judgmental or making this personal, so I apologize if it comes across that way.