Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

This Keeps Up, New Yorkistan Will Be Fixin' For A Constitutional Fight

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

Pardon my French, but feck NY.

Quote:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/nyc-police-throw-navy-seal-into-psych-ward-for-claiming-hes-a-seal/

NYC Police Throw Navy SEAL Into Psych Ward for Claiming…He’s a SEAL

Posted on January 23, 2012 at 6:21am by Buck Sexton Buck Sexton

A Virginia man claimed to be a Navy SEAL to talk his way out of a gun possession arrest on Thursday, and the New York Police Department committed him  to a psych ward thinking his claims of elite military status were the rantings of a lunatic.

Turns out the guy was in fact an elite Navy SEAL.

But as the New York Post put it, telling the NYPD “I’m in an elite military unit, you can’t arrest me,” doesn't help much when the city’s draconian gun laws are at issue.

Twenty-nine-year-old Shaun Day was on a leave from his duty as a Navy SEAL duty when cops nailed him for running a red light in Manhattan, New York on Thursday.

NYPD officers searched Day’s pickup truck and found a 9mm semiautomatic pistol and three magazines full of ammo.

During the arrest, police claim Day was babbling incoherently and repeatedly claimed that he was an elite Navy SEAL with “top- secret clearance,” but was unable to provide any documentation for police.

After getting shipped off to the psych ward, sources told The Post the Navy sent staffers to talk to Day in Bellevue Hospital, where he was undergoing a psychiatric evaluation. According to Gothamist:

Quote:

“He was released [Friday] in their care, and they were going to treat him for post-traumatic stress. All charges against Day have been deferred, and it’s unclear how he was able to prove his status.”

So far, the charges against Day of weapons possession and a traffic violation have been deferred.

Over the past few months, other out-of-towners, however, including a former marine, have been arrested for illegal gun possession in New York and face years in prison despite pleas for leniency.

Twenty-nine-year-old Shaun Day was on a leave from his duty as a Navy SEAL duty when cops nailed him for running a red light in Manhattan, New York on Thursday.

Was there cause to search the vehicle?

NYPD officers searched Day’s pickup truck and found a 9mm semiautomatic pistol and three magazines full of ammo.

If you are "passing through" NYC and you have a firearm in a closed case with or without ammo, in the furtherst point from the front seat, this doesn't mean you have broken any NYC laws.

Who knows what happened, another reason I left NY/NJ

Was there cause to search the vehicle?

If you are "passing through" NYC and you have a firearm in a closed case with or without ammo, in the furtherst point from the front seat, this doesn't mean you have broken any NYC laws.

Who knows what happened, another reason I left NY/NJ

NYC doesn't recognize FOPA

Bastages