Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunt for blueessss

Don't know what kind of hook it is!

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I don't like anything offset (eye not in line with point or uneven sections of shank off to one side) for flytying as the finished fly doesn't track straight.

I made a quick shrimp with estaz and flashabou clouser style, so the hook rides sideways and it skirts side to side, but I can see the point dulling fairly quickly if fished on the bottom. just don't want them to go to waste

Definite worm hook, Off sets (like intracoastal said) just don't track straight.

Give them to someone who fishes rubber.

I've never come across a pattern for them.

sounds like a plan then :) thanks guys. now to go out and buy some hooks lol

Offset on a popper is a good thing, after the pop or splash the offset makes the fly scoot to the side. I've done very well with an offset long shank fluke hook for Crease Flys with bluefish around. Of course a foam and bluefish means shredded foam but at times you get a few blues before the destroy the thing. I save the hook and tye up some more.

Its an old Tru Turn Hook....Supposed to have a cam action that gives you a higher percentage of hookups.

I remember those...when i was a kid we bought em to fish live minnows. The Linders on In-Fisherman were big on promoting them.