Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
saltydog

DEAL of the DAY!

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Spent the whole day at the FLY SHOW Friday, ran across a great deal JC for under $50.00 ea.an great color, an size. WOW

havent seen that in years, my last great deal was when PHIL was selling them for $35.00

so I grabbed a couple an now there resting waiting to be used. saw the LAST of the FLATWING SADDLES an they were only $30.00 each olive have a few already so hope some one grabes 'em cause you WONT see any more for a COUPLE OF YEARS. 538

GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN

Salty glad you got a deal at the show. Prices are crazy on tying materials I've found out.

I have only been tying for 2 years and I'm going to the Somerset show next weekend. I would love to buy some saddle hackles to tie some flatwings and other flies but as a new tier I'm not sure what to look for in decent feathers to do so. Any info will help.

Also I'm on a limited budget to purchase feathers. Can you give me any suggestions of how to pick out decent skins and fair prices to pay for them.

CHARLIE G, that's the show to be at, everything you will ever need WILL be there. ALWAYS LOOK at the FEATHERS make shore they are GOOD QUALITY, not ripped, twisted, all the same lengths, as they move down the saddle, (no stubbies) mixed in.also SOFT not falling apart or CRACK as you move'em

TALK to the shop owner, an tell him what you are looking for, as tyers everyone need to TRAIN them to buy GOOD QUALITY PRODUCT. have fun at the show.

GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN

Thanks for the info and reply Salty.

I wish there was a video tutorial to teach newbies the in's and out's of knowing what good feathers are for their different uses.

Not sure there maybe one somewhere. I'm off to the search function.