Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Big Biscuit

Dog Fish

Rate this topic

26 posts in this topic

It's like the bottom of the ocean is carpeted in dog fish. I can't see how anyone with a brain could say they are endangered. :huh:

Guess that says a lot about those that mange our fisheries....

Maybe we should charter a boat get them all phsyced up to do some cod fishing. Then let them see how endangered those doggies are. I would have loved to have been able to take a picture of the spots we where fishing yesterday with a camera. It would have been one massive shoal of those spiny sons of bitches. Some one please tell those ass-hats who set these quotas and fishing regs to go out and see for themselves.

The best thing I can tell ya to do is when they have an open forum night or afternoon to hear the recreational guys and Captains you should go and voice your concerns.

There is also going to be a March in DC on March 12 2012 to show them we are effing pissed, This is Both Rec and Comm and this was done a 2 years ago in February and I think 5000 people showed up...

I will be there and at the next few meetings.

They bring a dragger out, and they drag the ocean and thats the bulk of the data. So they get captains that don't know their ass from their elbow and chart a course to grounds they supposedly think where they are and they do a few passes with the nets down.

Now mind you they can completely miss a school that area is over fished lol. This is real;ly what happens. Now they also use a model for the numbers that is literally from the late 60' early 70's to run these numbers.

This is how they do it. There really isn't one fisherman on the panel, all they have is people who used to work for NOAA straight from college, or are just marine biologists straight from college not one person was ever employed of a fishing vessel and or even fish.

they also have these morons called the NMFSS that are hired by the NOAA as volunteers to hop on head boats to see what the catches consist of shorts to keeper ration and the size of said fish and how many. These are people that couldn't careless and have been known to **** the numbers up on purpose.

Welcome to your .gov! :laugh:

Supposedly they actually have real data coming out the end of this year that is the best of all the data and a few species, like Tog, Sea Bass, Fluke, Scup and a few others. This is supposedly clean and usable data.

I caught a good size one at night this summer - I wear a size 12 shoe - I thought it was a "real shark" ; had to drag it up the beach by the tail

when they get over 3ft they are fun

AllPics20092012316.jpg

I caught a huge one last summer on a eel. Thought i had a 30 lb bass in the dark. It was taking line like crazy. When my friend shined his light on it i said ***...saw its eyes and my heart dropped like a rock. My friend ended up eating it. The last few blackfishing trips they've been relentless. Sucks because they even bit like blackfish and you wouldn't realize it was a dog until it was halfway up and you were reeling dead weight because it was so fouled up in your rig it couldn't swim right.

I caught a huge one last summer on a eel. Thought i had a 30 lb bass in the dark. It was taking line like crazy. When my friend shined his light on it i said ***...saw its eyes and my heart dropped like a rock. My friend ended up eating it. The last few blackfishing trips they've been relentless. Sucks because they even bit like blackfish and you wouldn't realize it was a dog until it was halfway up and you were reeling dead weight because it was so fouled up in your rig it couldn't swim right.

I jacked one last week when I felt the wah wah wah like the big tog do, and the minute i stuck it and felt that mushy **** I said ****!

They can fools ya...

Middle of June was heading out Shark fishing in Montauk on our way out we ran into acres of them on top of the water spawning, they were so thick we could feel the hull and props hitting them. Never seen anything like it.