Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dena

Newt

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Iit looks like ol Newt has won the day in South Carolina.

He has slowed the Romney express train to the coronat...I mean nomination.

What does this mean?

Is Newt's new found popularity going to last, and he will make the Primarys relevant well into the Spring?

Or

Is this just a bump in the road on Mitt's road to victory?

What does this mean?

Is Newt's new found popularity going to last, and he will make the Primarys relevant well into the Spring?

Or

Or defeat.

What does this mean?

Or

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's the latter. I see no way that Newt can defeat Obama in the general. First of all we know that he carries more baggage than a Pullman. After the way he's been taking the freakin" MSM to the woodshed you can bet they are going to be out to remove his manhood. I suspect that a Newt nomination would immediately start a freakin' MSM scare campaign which would mobilize everyone who voted for him in 2008 to repeat their mistake in 2012. Most Republicans, I think, admire Newt's formidable debating skill and that skill, IMO, is the only reason he is where he is right now. The problem is that what Republicans admire, Dems, and likely most Independents, will find abrasive and contentious....not something they want in a POTUS. If he's the Republican candidate, my guess is that there will be a landslide victory for Obama and a seat lost in Congress for any Republican who supports Newt. If he's it, all we Republicans can look forward to is watching Newt kick Obama's sorry butt in the debates......but it won't matter in the end.

First of all we know that he carries more baggage than a Pullman.

I don't know, I thought he handled his baggage pretty well in SC :th:. So well that I thought it was brilliant, to the point of being a setup, with a prepared response.

So now, instead of winning two of these events and being on the verge of winning a third, Romney (in a span of a few days) now has only won one of the events (in a state he was fully expected to win), lost two and is now losing some momentum

So now, instead of winning two of these events and being on the verge of winning a third, Romney (in a span of a few days) now has only won one of the events (in a state he was fully expected to win), lost two and is now losing some momentum

Still, his overall record of wins and second place finishes is, to date, more consistent than anyone elses. Besides, considering the lost votes from some precincts in the Iowa recount, a 34 vote "victory" a tad suspect.....who knows? Romney has more money to spend on the remaining contests, I expect that when the smoke clears, Mitt will be the candidate......hopefully. I can't imagine that Newt will ever be POTUS!