Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Local66

Blue Cypress 1/21

6 posts in this topic

I spent the day with my freind Capt. Terry Lamielle on his favorite LMB water. Conditions were pretty much perfect, with temps hitting 80 degrees before the end of the day. Not a breath of wind before noon. We started the day working flies across a submerged ditch, and I lost a big fish almost immediately. Being my first trip to this lake, my fly box had absolutely nothing suitable for this kind of fishing. I gave up and broke out the light spinner, and began fishing the gaps in the eel grass. Within minutes I boated several chunky fish, and went tight on a fish that would have definately eclipsed my personal best by a several pounds, but she threw the hook before I really had a shot at landing her. After laughing a bit about the missed fish, getting some lip from Terry for using 10lb, I cracked a pepsi and went back to doing my thing. About 5 minutes later I boated a 7.5lb fish and got to give Terry a little lip for using 40lb. A great day on the water with one of my favorite people on the planet. The fishing was good, the soda was ice cold, and the airboats left us alone. Great day.

[img=

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd203/kneedeep74/IMG_07091.jpg]

how do you like the daiwa fuego?

I love it, imagine a Ci4 on steroids. The one complaint I have is that the pawl that sits on the worm shaft is held in place by a tiny little screw, and some moron put loc-tite on it, making it impossible for me to service the rotor bearing. I'll send it in for service eventually, but I've always preferred working on my own gear. Fantastic little reel other than that, I highly recommend picking one up.