Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
superstriper

lol newt really?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

the party of "family values" wants this guy? I thought romney was the mormon yet this is the guy that had had multiple wives lol( I know now mormons dont have multiple wives)

newt is the ultimate piece of trash and a hypocrite of the worst kind-

his ethics violations are great thing to have on his resume too

such as sad state of affairs when this retread has any relevancy -also lol that he said palin will have an important role should he win

get ready for 4 more years like it or not-I wish we had a better option but we dont

SC proves all my ball busting of our southern * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * I'm still in shock that repubs could again abandon all principles and elevate a corrupt insider like newt. I'm stunned that I have under estimated southerners. Stunned.

since we have members from southern states maybe we can turn it down when applying obnoxious labels

Better Newt than Romney, though I'm no longer particularly enamored by either.

Still, I refuse to allow myself be lectured to about poor family values, by a Party with no moral values. :squid:

the party of "family values" wants this guy? I thought romney was the mormon yet this is the guy that had had multiple wives lol( I know now mormons dont have multiple wives)

newt is the ultimate piece of trash and a hypocrite of the worst kind-

his ethics violations are great thing to have on his resume too

such as sad state of affairs when this retread has any relevancy -also lol that he said palin will have an important role should he win

get ready for 4 more years like it or not-I wish we had a better option but we dont

SC proves all my ball busting of our southern * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *. I'm still in shock that repubs could again abandon all principles and elevate a corrupt insider like newt. I'm stunned that I have under estimated southerners. Stunned.

See what happens in a state which ranks 49th in terms of it's educational system? Hmmmmm.....I wonder if Democrats can (or did!) vote in Republican primaries in SC!:D

Better Newt than Romney, though I'm no longer particularly enamored by either.

Still, I refuse to allow myself be lectured to about poor family values, by a Party with no moral values. :squid:

the downfall of the reps has been their willingness to allow themselves to support candidates that go against "traditional" party beliefs -the party today no longer represents anything it once stood for or said it stood for

newt I would argue is the worst of the worst-from his personal shortcomings to his ethics violations in his professional life and throw in his lobbying work(which he calls being an advisor or historian) and you have one piece of garbage

Since I believe humans have the ability to change their minds, and also learn from mistakes (in the past), they will go farther than Dems who believe humans are not allowed to change their minds or learn from their mistakes (Clinton, Barney Frank, Dodd, Obama).

Since I believe humans have the ability to change their minds, and also learn from mistakes (in the past), they will go farther than Dems who believe humans are not allowed to change their minds or learn from their mistakes (Clinton, Barney Frank, Dodd, Obama).

I believe people can change their minds and learn from past mistakes as well however I dont want them as president of the united states and I dont think Newt represents what the republican lip service always says they stand for-I mean how can somebody that has a party platform of being conservative and based on family values have newt in there? Now if you want to argue and say some dems have made awful mistakes and similar to newt I would agree 100% but right now we are talking about newt and secondly the dems are not the party to portray family values all of the time and one of living lives consistent with the church

There's change...then there is pandering...keep in mind this is the state (SC- Big-Time Bible Belt) where Ron Paul was boooed when he said the US ought to follow the Golden Rule in its foreign policy, at which point the rest of the candidates, proclaimed they would nuke Andorra and San Marino.

SC proves all my ball busting of our southern * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * I'm still in shock that repubs could again abandon all principles and elevate a corrupt insider like newt. I'm stunned that I have under estimated southerners. Stunned.

since we have members from southern states maybe we can turn it down when applying obnoxious labels

Obnoxious labels? Why should Jonesy tone it down? That may be the fairest description of the Republican Primary electorate in South Carolina.

This is the state in 2000 that derailed McCain when George Bush and Karl Rove orchestrated the "McCain has a black baby out of wedlock" rumor. Evidently, having affairs left and right by a candidate who at the same time was excoriating Clinton is ok with the Bible thumping bunch. As long as there isn't any miscegenation involved, I guess thinks are hunky dory.

And do not think Romney's Mormonism wasn't an albatross around his neck down there.

“South Carolina is too small to be a Republic and too large to be an insane asylum.”

Congressman John L. Petigru around the time of South Carolina's secession from the United States.

I believe people can change their minds and learn from past mistakes as well however I dont want them as president of the united states and I dont think Newt represents what the republican lip service always says they stand for-I mean how can somebody that has a party platform of being conservative and based on family values have newt in there? Now if you want to argue and say some dems have made awful mistakes and similar to newt I would agree 100% but right now we are talking about newt and secondly the dems are not the party to portray family values all of the time and one of living lives consistent with the church

Is it safe to assume you didn't support John Kerry?

i would still rather vote for a guy who speaks of family value and work ethic and paying your own way through life even if he has failed from time to time or even time and again. The other option is to vote for or support or even tolerate people in a party that accepts all the shortcuts in life whether socially , economically or personally. A party that does all in its power to support all thing immoral. A guy like newt or romney or any other republican conservative puts in place judges and cabinet members that enable the values to be put in place. Looking for actual exact perfect implementation of the party line is not what reasonable people should vote for. Jimmy Carter was the most moral president of the modern era and was the second most damaging behind Obama. Newt being a hypocrite is meaningless as long as he implements the laws and policies that his supporters want.