Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chunk

Camera For Cold Weather?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Is there such a thing as a camera for the cold weather. I went to take a pic of a nice steelhead the other day and went to turn on my camera. It said I need to put in a new battery, but I knew the battery was well charged. When I let the camera warm up in my room it functioned perfectly fine. I'm looking for something that can handle extreme elements without selling my soul.

In one of the Cannon D10 adds they put the camera in a bowl of water & then in the freezer. Froze it solid. After they defrosed it ,it works fine! Waterproof,Shock proof & Freeze Proof!

And in another post today its on sale a $100.00 off!

is your battery lithium? The lithium batteries hold up well to the cold and hold their charge through it all.

Ron, his camera worked after it was defrosted also, but not while it was in the cold :wave:

Quote: Do you own one, how clear is it ?  How many  MEGAPIXEL?

Originally Posted by flytyingguy1 View Post

In one of the Cannon D10 adds they put the camera in a bowl of water & then in the freezer. Froze it solid. After they defrosed it ,it works fine! Waterproof,Shock proof & Freeze Proof!

And in another post today its on sale a $100.00 off!

When it is real cold, try and keep your camera next to your body, inside shirt pocket would be best, or better still, keep battery in your pocket, then insert in camera when ready to take a picture. If camera/battery was exposed to cold air for long time, it sometimes will give you a false reading. Happened to me until I started to keep camera in my pocket.