Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

Food Fling Accomodations

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I finally heard back from Tommy and Eileen at Island Beach Motor Lodge about a discount for SOL'ers during Food Fling Weekend.

For a one bedroom motel room the normal price for Friday and Saturday night is $45 per night. For our discount, they will do $40 per night if you stay one night, and if you stay both Friday and Saturday, they will do $70 total for the two nights (all prices plus tax).

There will be similar discounts on the two double bed rooms with a small kitchenette (figure about $85 for two nights after discount) , as well as the two room, two double bed suites with a kitchenette that are upstairs (figure $95 for the two nights after discount). For the larger rooms, figure about $10 off per night, or about $25 off for two nights.

They will also have a special on the penthouse rooms.....I am pretty sure Dawn told me in March the upstairs Penthouses will be $75 per night, but don't hold me to that. I think she also said that includes a discount at the Atlantic Grill downstairs should you decide you want to eat there.

At any rate, BE SURE TO MENTION YOU ARE FROM SOL when you call to make your arrangements to get the discount.

For those that don't know, Island Beach Motor Lodge is located right on the beach in South Seaside Park, NJ, the last thing before the gate to Island Beach State Park. It is about 8-10 miles away from the Firehouse in Pine Beach, and right down the street (about 2 miles) from where Berkeley Striper Club has the Flea Market that Sunday. Enough of use stay there that you could certainly catch a ride around to the Fling or the Flea Market if need be.

The place is certainly not the Hilton, but it is clean and comfortable, and the folks that run it are super friendly. Even the smallest rooms have a dorm sized fridge. Across the Street is Bum Rogers and Berkeley Seafood...........Bum's has food (be it what it is....;)), but that time of year, Berkeley is just the bar, although they put out crockpots of stuff gratis most nights. And on Staurday and Sunday morning, Ma Taylor is at Berekely to make breakfast sandwiches and Bloody Marys (or coffee or beer or juice or whatever) between 8 and 11 AM.

We always have a get together at one or both places on Friday night, Saturday morning for breakfast, back to Berkeley after the Food Fling Saturday night (where I arrange to bring any leftovers from the Fling to re-heat there), and again for breakfast on Sunday morning.

You have easy access to the Park should you decide to take a ride, and depending on the weather, maybe even wet a line.

So if you are coming and need a place to stay, this would be the place.....:)

As we are getting closer, this probably needs a bump.....

I made my reservations yesterday, and Dawn said that they have gotten a good amount of calls from SOL members.....in fact aside from my own, she said that she got 3 others just yesterday....:)

Can ya book on line- neither of my phones is working?

Not sure on that.......and not sure what you mean about phones not working (Yours or theirs?). This time of year, there are times when there is no one in the office, so you may not be able to get in touch all times of day. Generally, they are there after about 10 AM, but sometimes you may call and the front desk isn't attended. Just try back later.