Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

One thing I don't think the hardcore Liberals realize is...

Rate this topic

49 posts in this topic

...that when Obama won, a lot of weary (i.e easy to be taken in with slick talk) independants were persuaded to vote for him with that slick talk. 3 years later and a worsening economy, these 'middle ground' people realize they were taken in by cheap talk and may either 1) automatically lean the other way or 2) at the very least put a lot more thought into their vote....discuss:D

PS - I can't believe my BC/BS is now 80+ bucks a week for a family plan...I didn't even notice (where the heck have I been)...the last I checked, it was in the mid 40 dollar range...that alone should be cause for thought for folks regardless of your choice of political party

...that when Obama won, a lot of weary (i.e easy to be taken in with slick talk) independants were persuaded to vote for him with that slick talk. 3 years later and a worsening economy, these 'middle ground' people realize they were taken in by cheap talk and may either 1) automatically lean the other way or 2) at the very least put a lot more thought into their vote....discuss:D

PS - I can't believe my BC/BS is now 80+ bucks a week for a family plan...I didn't even notice (where the heck have I been)...the last I checked, it was in the mid 40 dollar range...that alone should be cause for thought for folks regardless of your choice of political party

Consider yourself good to go. I pay over $1600/mo with a $5400 annual deductible for me and my wife. It's the cost of working for myself and taking the associated risks and rewards. I'll stay with what I have rather than renting my life to an employer. No offense meant.

You voted for him didn't you Albie?:D

I did no such thing...LOL...I went with McCain even knowing it was a lost cause. The closest thing to a lib who I voted for was Scott Brown...:D

Consider yourself good to go. I pay over $1600/mo with a $5400 annual deductible for me and my wife. It's the cost of working for myself and taking the associated risks and rewards. I'll stay with what I have rather than renting my life to an employer. No offense meant.

None taken...I admire that and hope/wish I could be there soon. Yeah, I know my insurance is probably a good price when compared to others...it's just the fact that it doubled in 3 years or so. I assume most people, have seen similar increase in costs, whether they have something considered a 'bargain' or not

I'm with you Hawk--My catastrophic policy for my wife and me is now 995$ per month with a 5K deductable EACH!!!! The HSA (Health Savings Account) is a winner and worth checking out.

Independents bamboozled by slick talk of more regulations, higher taxes, and socialized medicine? Maybe the "independents" are more liberal than people think? What kind of "moderate" goes for that slick rap? More evidence that conservatism is on the wain?

More like 8 years of comic phony conservatism shocked the senses of most of the voters won the election for Obama. It would be amazing if Obama won another term.

I can't even imagine being upset with your premiums. Healthcare costs are skyrocketing and have been outpacing inflation for years. You're lucky to have an employer who is willing to absorb the bulk of these increases.

Maybe the "independents" are more liberal than people think? What kind of "moderate" goes for that slick rap? More evidence that conservatism is on the wain?

That is the premise in my Why no love for Ron Paul thead. And don't kid yourself, I'm warming up to the idea of 4 more years. I don't like it, but I can very easily see it happening.

That is the premise in my Why no love for Ron Paul thead. And don't kid yourself, I'm warming up to the idea of 4 more years. I don't like it, but I can very easily see it happening.

Balanced by what appears to be a good possibility of Republican control of the house and senate, it will be 'four more years' with gridlock. The party's over.

after last night the chances obama wins went way up..........

I also think most men in the country will have a talk with honey BEFORE this election rather than dinner three years ago when all the guys said," YOU VOTED FOR WHO?, WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?"