surffshr

Fishing Outer banks

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

fishing License

restricted beach use--Birds

permit to drive on beach

tolls to get to ocracoke

Trawlers making catching fish from surf very very tough.

One of the most beautiful places to fish on the East coast.

The nature and beauty of the place is still mostly preserved, but politicans are sucking the people who love the place dry.

fishing License

restricted beach use--Birds

permit to drive on beach

tolls to get to ocracoke

Trawlers making catching fish from surf very very tough.

The nature and beauty of the place is still mostly preserved, but politicans are sucking the people who love the place dry.

Well, go fish the Outer Banks of VA.

Your State screwed surf fishers long ago.

What's your point? OK to screw up another state.

Va, Politicians aren't any better than N.c.

fishing License.... has been for a while

restricted beach use--Birds...has been for a while

permit to drive on beach...knew it was coming

tolls to get to ocracoke...no it ain't

Trawlers making catching fish from surf very very tough....this just did not happen

All these things have been in place for a good while or we knew they were coming and you are just now pissed off about it????

Really no different than VA, is it???

True dat Jim....

How much will the 7 day permit be for out of staters and I'm thinking of renting a house in Corolla in april. Is beach access free there?

Blake, to be clear;

You imply that you will be fishing around Corolla area.

Up there all you need is a NC saltwater fishing license.

Only to your south in Cape Hatteras National Seashore Recreation Area is a permit required to drive on the beach. The cost of that permit is $50 for a week-$120 for a year that ends on 12 31 12. In other words in CHNSRA the daily cost of fishing goes up every day as the permit will cost the same amount but the period of time shrinks.

Blake, to be clear;

You imply that you will be fishing around Corolla area.

Up there all you need is a NC saltwater fishing license.

Only to your south in Cape Hatteras National Seashore Recreation Area is a permit required to drive on the beach. The cost of that permit is $50 for a week-$120 for a year that ends on 12 31 12. In other words in CHNSRA the daily cost of fishing goes up every day as the permit will cost the same amount but the period of time shrinks.

I will probably stay in Corolla area and fish. N.Y. has had this permit thing for as long as I can remember. Every year I pay $65 dollars for the N.Y.S. permit which covers certain beaches then I pay another $93 dollars for the Suffolk county permit which covers different beaches. Then there are town permits. You see where I'm going with this. I understand what your going thru.

Gonna be same rules as Cape Cod I would guess. Watch film about driving on sand. Then park ranger will go out to truck and make sure you have eqiupment to drive on beach.lol and then put sticker on bumper.lol again...Its a wonderful thing. Then more than half the beach will be closed and everone will be stuffed into a tiny area... Awesome...

Gonna be same rules as Cape Cod I would guess. Watch film about driving on sand. Then park ranger will go out to truck and make sure you have eqiupment to drive on beach.lol and then put sticker on bumper.lol again...Its a wonderful thing. Then more than half the beach will be closed and everone will be stuffed into a tiny area... Awesome...

Well we don't have to watch a film to get permit. We barely have police on beach that enforce laws(which can be a good thing and a bad thing). I live on Long Island and love my beaches to drive on and fish, but I think the Outer Banks edges out Long Island Beaches all around. It's a shame the freedom is taken away. F@@king politicians.

I ment the NPS beaches.. Would like to come down and fish the island someday... Just to say Ive done it before its all taken away.... OBX was awesome place... Gonna miss going down there.. To much BS now like the Cape..