Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike Oliver

How to edit your post

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Mike you spelling cannot suck as bad a mine--- i use spell check before i post and the edit button when i over look something

Hmmm...seems like the edit button (the little pencil icon) is missing :confused:.

Edit: I guess there's a time limit on how long before you are no longer able to do so??

Yep,

But time limit must be 0.000001 of a sec. I tried to edit my miss spelt words straight away but no dice.

Mike

I know this is a pretty old thread.. But has everyones editing time been cut ? It was great being able to go back and fix mistakes. Or change a sentence before it's archived for all eternity in the super net !   Can I get my edit button back. Or how long of a time period do we have to edit . Does it vary by user ?

Thanks   EDIT:  I mean Thank You.  EDIT 2 : Editing time limit ? Just so I know. 

Gracias Comrades. 

Do I have 24 hrs ? Does it vary when it's one's own thread... I do enjoy having the ability to correct myself. I know it makes people think harder before they write now. Which is good. But just curious about my editing time limit ?  I'll keep searching for intel.

Thanks a bunch.   

Cool cool stuff goin on in my fishing house. 

PJ

I had not noticed that the edit symbol (a pencil in the lower left corner) had disappeared.

It still appears on my posts, maybe it only allows you to edit once you reach a certain level of poor spelling or poor typing

"Crashq - 3000 posts, 37,000 typos ..... check"

P.S. on the previous BBS system , it was set to allow editing for 24 hours. Then the symbol disappeared. Maybe Tim has set up the same limit on this system. I can edit this post (this is my third edit), but my posts from two days ago are locked. Tim explained the reason for the limit to me on the last system, but I don't remember it.