Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RI Popper

DANNY Survey.

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

I'm loving building Danny's now and I've got a question. I can't make up my mind which one's I like better. Single belly hook or double belly hook. Blind or with eyes? Tradition verses modern??

:scuba: feeling frazzled :idea: Serious.

Double belly hooks with just a flag on the butt is okay, but I prefer a single treble and a Siwash tailhook. Safer for me and the fish. Eyes or no eyes doesn't really matter, but they'd better be yellow or white. :D

Double belly hook and a tag on the ass end. I like eyes, but have probably done more blind ones. Build them to swim 4-8” under and you have one of the best plugs for fishing around jetty rocks.

Armand

That's a tough one.

The ones that I like the best (IE: produce) are made by Ruru. Billy's small & medium have one belly hook, dressed siwash & eyes. His large one has two belly hooks, dressed flag & eyes.

On the other hand, JNSki's "Danny", aka Suicidal Swimmer, in the medium size, is one hook, naked siwash & blind.

I'm sure what ever you come up with will be top notch. I would be more than happy to test it for you!! :D

Be Well

Ed

Two bellys, flag on the ass, and blind as a bat.

Plus looks like a ten pin with the front hook way forward on the body. Two contrasting colors for the top and bottom with a distinct

delineation between them.