Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ambergris

IF4 - Marlborough Show

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Is anybody here going to the International Fly Fishing Film Festival (IF4) tomorrow night as part of the Marlborough show?

I am asking because the 3min clip I made (

) is being shown as part of this event and I'm very curious how it ends up looking on a larger screen.

If you go, please let me know, I am very curious.

-Peter

Peter,

Damn! I did not know you put your clip there. I would have looked for it. As it was, I walked out early. They said better vids came later. I really was disappointed in what I saw. I am SURE you did a much better show than those we saw in the first half. Hope to see you at Somerset. Ill look for it then. All the best.

BobPop

Peter,

Damn! I did not know you put your clip there. I would have looked for it. As it was, I walked out early. They said better vids came later. I really was disappointed in what I saw. I am SURE you did a much better show than those we saw in the first half. Hope to see you at Somerset. Ill look for it then. All the best.

BobPop

Hi Bob!

Hmmm, that's not encouraging! What was the problem with what they showed? Not interesting images? Could not relate to the waters? Quality didn't translate to a larger screen?

I'm anxious now because for my clip they just used the original file downloaded from Vimeo. Had I known in advance of making the clip that it would be included in this show, I would have plucked a few better images, tightened up the editing, created an intro and rendered a much higher quality file. Oh well, I will be submitting a longer version, upon request, for next year.

What did you like or dislike about the longer format videos from this year?

Peter. Remember I only could stand watching the first half of videos. They were nothing special. Boring, repetitive, no story. I just did not think they were that good. That's all. The second half may have gotten better but my buddy and I had enough and left. I can almost guarantee that your stuff is way better than what we saw. But this was only MY OPINION about what I watched. You can watch for yourself at Somerset. Hope to see you there.

BobPop

Thanks Bob, that's all I was asking after...what you thought of what you stayed to see. You've seen my clip and the one in the show is the same. I'll be at Somerset on Friday for the day and will find you to say hi.