Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikel2u

someone has a rod like this?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Hello, I would like to introduce myself, I have not seen a section for it and I'll do it from here:

My name is Mikel and I keep from Galicia - NW Spain, I am fond of fishing seabass.

I have many hours on this and other forums Australians, looking about a type of reed that if there is not .... Like you can help me:

the subject, sometimes 15ft fishing from cliffs high, with strong waves of 8ft to 15ft and winds. the fish is prized European seabass, which can grow to 3 to 3.5 ft and weigh 25lb.

I am looking for a rod for this type of scenario and meteorological conditions that allow me to lift a fish from 12 to 15 lb at my feet occasionally. This is the real important point.

- Measuring 12 "- 13"

- Weighing between 14 oz to 23 oz.

- Use with metal jigs and lures

- sweet point or Real casting weight 2 1 / 2 - 4 oz

- The reel Daiwa catalina 4000 

I know this is not the end of the rod and the issue is complicated, but from his experience in fishing from jerky and fishing in the Pacific as I can give ideas.

In other conditions, use of action and other measures almost all carbon and high modulus.

I guess eglass or composite and should be a good option although heavier, I have read very good reviews of Rainshadow 1505-1506 1418f but I can not in Spain, there is no distributor. I think that might be the line, in terms of price and features.

Surely it is easier to buy in my country, Century, Conoflex, lamiglass, St Croix, Penn ..... but I would like to hear all opinions.

Sorry for the bad translation, thanks and greetings from my cliffs ... 

mikel2u,

Forgive me but I think you are in need of a reality check. European Bass 3 to 3.5 feet long and weighing up to 25Lb are rarer than rocking horse dung. A fish of 4.5Kg around 10lb in weight is a rarity even and for most a fish of a life time. European Common Fisheries Policy (CFP) has seen to that, but even back in the 1950's when Bass were not commercially exploited Bass over 10lbs in weight were still significant fish from the beach.

A rod of 12 feet is not going to straight lift a fish of even 10 lbs up the side of a sheer cliff. through 15 feet of air. That is a dream. It is not easy landing a fish half that weight with a straight lift. Most std " Fishing Reels " will not have the gearing required to winch the fish up.

You need to look to plan B as Plan A is impossible and your target size of fish I fear has to be way more realistic.

Mike

My intention is not the first post antagonize anyone. Weights and measures that I have not the usual, are the largest that have knowledge, but they exist.

I have no pictures of me on this computer, with fish of over 10lb, but in this blog - not commercial - you will see photos of some friends with a few E-Seabass from 10lb to18LB. No catch every day.

As for the rod, I've read a few post, in which its owners say they have risen 10-15lbs. with some fishing from Rainshdow Lamiglass and jerky

The idea is to lift the dead weight of fish 1 or 2 meters, enough to save the wave, and then lift the leader.

I'm sure there must be some club can do this with a fish of 10lbs, even solid Glass.

(*edited - please don't post commercial links here - your blog has dozens of commercial links on every page, that makes it commercial - thanks :) TimS)

thanks for the link smellfish

I've been lucky enough to catch stripers never ErikT

I've lifted ten pound bluefish up on to a jetty with a one piece Lamiglas fiberglass SB121-3M. I believe the blank is still available. It is 10 feet long and throws 1 1/2 to 6 or 7 ounces well.

Stewie, in my  European  car I can not carry of 10 " one piece

XDDD

shorter  beeter up but till looking for something longer to get away from the danger of the sea, 12 "or 13" is the measure .... 

I have seen Lamiglas SB1362M / 63M Fiberglass, seeketh information

.... how high was the jetty?

Stewie, in my  European  car I can not carry of 10 " one piece

XDDD

shorter  beeter up but till looking for something longer to get away from the danger of the sea, 12 "or 13" is the measure .... 

I have seen Lamiglas SB1362M / 63M Fiberglass, seeketh information

.... how high was the jetty?

Mikel2u,

You can carry a 11 foot rod if you buy a set of rod holders designed to fix by vacuum onto the hood and roof of your car. These type of rod holders are uncommon in the USA and ours always draw interest. If you go to a company called Sportfish in the UK you will find they have a rod holder which as two sucker feet top and bottom. Single suction are not man enough for beach rods. Cost is not cheap but ours have lasted over 10 years.

I have dead lifted Stripers to 10lb onto my rock with a Lami GSB1321M but its not recommended. Thats the part number of the blank. I can tell you that grabbing even an 80 lb nylon leader even with just a 10 lb fish on it and then hand lining it up a vertical cliff will be pretty horrible on your hands. Most can't do it even with gloves. What if you want to return the fish? from 15 feet up not much chance for a good outcome. Why not have a go with a dead weight to see the problem you are faced with. Again a 12 or 13 foot rod is going to give you a lot of leverage problems against you. Frank Dainault solved a problem like this by using a killer flying gaff and thick rope. He was landing fish from a road bridge but same probs as you are facing. Plus after gaffing like that fish will not be in good shape if you plan to realease.

Good luck

Mike