Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kings over Queens

4 more years

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

So, anyone here who voted for President Obama in 2008 (2007 actually) going to give him another shot?

If so, why?

If not, why?

Not very interested in blatant Obamabashing, so check the snarkly at the door please.

I will play-I voted for him in 2008 and odds are I will vote for him holding my nose while doing it this time

I wish the reps had put up a better crop of potential nominees that is for sure- for all of the talk and rhetoric they put out it blows my mind that they came up so a weak group-a bunch of retread losers or worse-at the very least I thought our NJ gov would throw his name in the ring-I dont always like some of his thoughts etc... but I do think he would try and control spending and if he was an option I probably would have voted against obama

out of current crop it is the worst of the worst-I never vote based on party I vote based on the candidate -I have voted rep many times especially at the local level

I will play-I voted for him in 2008 and odds are I will vote for him holding my nose while doing it this time

I wish the reps had put up a better crop of potential nominees that is for sure- for all of the talk and rhetoric they put out it blows my mind that they came up so a weak group-a bunch of retread losers or worse-at the very least I thought our NJ gov would throw his name in the ring-I dont always like some of his thoughts etc... but I do think he would try and control spending and if he was an option I probably would have voted against obama

out of current crop it is the worst of the worst-I never vote based on party I vote based on the candidate -I have voted rep many times especially at the local level

Does that mean you believe Obama will do a better job running the country that any republican? If so what makes you believe that?

Not bashing , just curious.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings over Queens View Post

So, anyone here who voted for President Obama in 2008 (2007 actually) going to give him another shot?

If so, why?

If not, why?

Ultimately it will come down to who he runs against.

I can't say I'm enamored of the guy,

but if I had to do it all over again, I still think he was a superior choice to McCain,

Although watching Hillary the past couple years, maybe I would be wore willing to have supported her in the Primaries.

I voted for him. Will problably do so again. In disclosure I tend to the left, but have voted for R's in local and State races. I haven't voted for a R in the white house (Clinton was my first Presidential election)

I don't regret it.

I don't think, other than health care, McCain would do anything different or better. He has gotten us out of Iraq and supposedly getting out of Afganastan. Two of my big issues he held up. He has proven to be pretty strong on foriegn policy, despite all the cries that he is apologizing for America.

I have yet to see anything from the Right nominees that makes me think they will do any better. Continuing to cut taxes sounds like a good thing, but I have yet to hear a coherent plan on what they would cut to offset. Mostly rhetoric or 'cut the EPA' BS. I'm in favor of closing the Bush tax 'cuts' on higher incomes (maybe 7 figures?) but can live with and see the arguments for keeping it.

My grandfather is/was a staunch fiscal conservative. I can listen and hear a lot of logic in his arguments. The current crop, pandering to the religious right of the party, and revelling in being the party that decries science, has done little to win me over.

Is he perfect? Hell no. Has he done stuff I disagree with, Absolutely!

Is he, right now, the better choice in my mind?

Yup.

I voted for Obama, and I probably will again. Why? Frankly I have more faith in him and the Democrats than I do with any of the Republican candidates and the GOP. It is very telling that in a time of real difficulty in this country, the Republicans can't produce a field of candidates that can be taken seriously. The last time we sounded the alarms, the Republicans created Ronald Reagan. Even Democrats voted for that guy (twice!!!). What happened to the GOP?

So Obama has been disappointing to me but I didn't expect much (of course I could always "Hope" ;) ). He came into an impossible situation and I don't think he made things worse. I hope ( ;) ) when he gets re-elected that he and congress can get serious by decreasing spending, increasing taxes and getting the debt down. Until we hear some reasonable discussion as opposed to rhetoric from both sides, I don't see things getting better. So, I guess I like the Democratic rhetoric a little better.

Too bad about Huntsman. He seemed pretty reasonable. Obama liked him, maybe he would be a good running mate?

Does that mean you believe Obama will do a better job running the country that any republican? If so what makes you believe that?

Not bashing , just curious.

then any republican no -then the current list we have to choose from yes-had nj gov ran I would have considered him because although I dont always agree with him I think he would try and reduce spending

Towards the end of Bush's second term I think many were frankly scared this country was going to be in a severe depression or worse-talks of total collapse of the markets-stock market(yes just one measure and some say it is a fake measure now sits at 12.5 k instead of 8k) and a total collapse of our economy-not perfect yet clearly but showing some signs.

if you asked me do I feel better or worse about things at the end of the bush era or now I would say better now-business for me has been great and most I deal with although not thrilled dont seem to be in total doom and gloom mode now-I also work for a usa manufacturing company

I also think exiting the wars is a step in the right direction-one I am not sure we would have had or would get with reps

I came within a hairs breadth of voting for Obama in '07, for Health Insurance Reform, but ended up voting for McCain. I got a convoluted Health Insurance 'Reform' bill from Obama and his commie ilk, that is an insult and an Obamination to America. There is no way in a Dante'ish Inferno that I will even consider a vote for this know-nothing gonzo in 2012. Not with a bayonet at my ass, or a pistol at my temple. :mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I came within a hairs breadth of voting for Obama in '07, for Health Insurance Reform, but ended up voting for McCain. I got a convoluted Health Insurance 'Reform' bill from Obama and his commie ilk, that is an insult and an Obamination to America. There is no way in a Dante'ish Inferno that I will even consider a vote for this know-nothing gonzo in 2012. Not with a bayonet at my ass, or a pistol at my temple. :mad:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

so in other words, you were considering voting for him to get some free stuff?