Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
shark lobster

captain, or chicken of the sea

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

whats your thoughts of the italian cruise ship captain who left his sinking ship .who now says he tripped and fell into a life boat , then made land jumped in a cab and went home ,,,what should be his punishment?

I understand he is under house confinement for alledge manslaugther, causing a shipwreck, and abandoning ship while passengers were still on board.

If found guilty............. incarceration, fine, loss of license.

It's a classic case of someone not living up to the responsibility that they are given, unfortunately......he should be left on a deserted island......or left in a sinking life raft.......

what kind of TOOL drives a cruise vessel aground on purpose with 100s of people onboard after the authorities tool him to go the other way. they should put him back on the ship and let him go down with it instead they let him go home on house arrest?:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheckman99 View Post

It's a classic case of someone not living up to the responsibility that they are given, unfortunately......he should be left on a deserted island......or left in a sinking life raft.......

A sinking life raft in the middle of the Bering Sea sounds like a good punishment.

He should have silver sides jammed in his nose and held upside down in my ancient fishes aquarium.My gator gar and wolf fish will give him what he deserves.

O my God..........that would be painful.

You suggest gator gar and wolf fish. Would that be preferably to piranas? Which one would prolong the suffering would you say?

Here's what's going to happen. He's going to do a little bit of jail time, and the Italian authorities will pull his license. Then, he'll buy some new identity papers, and go into some place in Monrovia, and get a new set of Liberian captains' papers, and re-surface the next time he drives a ship into a reef---except it'll probably be some supertanker, and it'll make the Exxon Valdez look like you spilled a little gas trying to get your fill-up to end on a whole dollar amount. :dismay:

Today, they admitted he was sailing the vessel outside of the accepted, by flyover, tourist route passing the island. The ship was actually OKed to steam closer.

Still, I agree he should have to clean bilges 20 hours a day for 20 years for his actions after the grounding, but, many more are to blame for the initial accident.

O my God..........that would be painful.

You suggest gator gar and wolf fish. Would that be preferably to piranas? Which one would prolong the suffering would you say?

get some Doadoes for the punishment; they eat pirhanas