Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gilbey

Winter 2012 - Fly Tying Contest #1 - Dumbbell Eye Fly Challange

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

I would like to introduce the first tying contest for the Winter of 2012 - The Dumbbell Eye Challenge.

This contest is open to tiers of all levels. Participants are to submit one fly for the contest. The only requirement is that the fly must contain some form of dumbbell (clouser) eyes. You can use any type/brand/size you like. You can tie ANY fly you like as long as you incorporate at least one set of dumbbell eyes somewhere in the fly. A traditional clouser would be a perfect entry, or tie a pattern you find online or in a book. OR be adventurous and create a new pattern to submit. The fly should be intended to be used for saltwater fly fishing.

All entries must be received by me by February 20th. If you would like to enter the contest just post on this thread that you are "in" and I will PM you my address.

Judging for this contest will be in a new format (provided I can figure it out :o). When all the entries are in I will post pics of each fly anonymously and members for SOL will have a week to vote the winner. The winner will receive all the flies entered in the contest, a special prize from me, and bragging rights here on SOL for all of eternity :th: .

The overriding rule for this contest is that it is to be fun. Please don't take it too seriously. Enter and enjoy. Tiers of all ability are encouraged to enter. Don't be shy.

I look forward to seeing all your entries. Good luck to each of you! :)

Alan

Glad to see some interest!

I have to head outta town on business thru the weekend and will have limited access to SOL, so if you post "I'm in" in the next few days and don't get a PM with my address until next week don't freak out ;) .

Alan