Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stuu

What time does (or did) your 8 year old (3rd grader) go to bed ?

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

well the kid runs hot so he's usually ready to crash by 830, which is his official bedtime. but we have practice tues & thurs til 8 and then have to roll up the mats, get home, shower, snack and love the kid, he takes an inordinate amount of time on the pooper. so it can be 930-10 half the week. each kid is different tho. my 11 wanders down at 2am sometimes to ask me deep questions and she'll get up fine. little man not as much. if you give any stinkeye in the morning bedtimes will be strictly enforced, so dont go give any stinkeye. seems simple. but, isnt, somehow.

was 8pm with the older two. The third, who is in 3rd grade now, ends up staying up till 9 when the 6th and 7th grader go to bed. Seems to be handling that amount of sleep fine. by the time the youngest gets to 3rd grade she will probably be going to bed at 11 and kicking her day off with coffee and cigarettes to shake off the cobwebs.

At that age, 8pm, school night, weekend, summer, vacation, didn't matter.

At 14, 12 and 11 they are still in by 8:30, lights out by 9:00.

My 12 y/o has been known to leave company on a holiday or whatnot to go to bed. "I'm taaard, going sleep."

he takes an inordinate amount of time on the pooper. .

Check for the GameBoy under the sink :read:

Was my sister's trick when it came time to clean up from dinner......

Check for the GameBoy under the sink :read:

Was my sister's trick when it came time to clean up from dinner......

oh its in there. that much we know. mom says let him be so what can i do. i can let him be thats what. we hear him talking to his little buddy in there on the phone, playing bleepy games, just totally content in his private little office. never flushes, always clogs. kids making a boxing glove out of the TP before he does any work he doesnt want any surprises i guess. i am like whos raising these savages :huh: i am at work all day so i have stuff to do. maybe we can do a little bathroom 101? yeah dont even suggest that. get your damn head bit off. ask me how.

My twins are eight - one would stay up to 11:00 pm if permitted, the other runs out of gas around 7:30 pm. However, both must read for a half hour before lights out - so it's usually 8:00 pm or earlier into bed with lights out at 8:30 pm. Weekends and vacations, they can stay up a half hour later (that's all my wife can take before she needs to crash).

ive watched him do it. leaves the door wide open half the time. honeybadger dont care. if you make noise and he's on the phone he'll close up shop but otherwise, hey, we're all family right? he finds a new roll and starts winding it around fist. round and round we go. til its about 6 inches across, my dad actually coined the phrase. parents were over watching football and he says hey your guy is making boxing gloves in there huh :huh: