Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jameso20o

Is it possible to join braid together?

Rate this topic

55 posts in this topic

Jerry Brown makes a hollow core braid that can be spliced but not in the lower pound tests. Think it starts around 60lbs..

You can always take off what you already have on the spool & add more backing.

Double Uni it together.

+1

I had to do that this one trip. When a boat came to close and took off with half my line :mad:. I had some unused braid in my trunk, I just double uni it and went back to fishing. Caught four 10lb blues that day and the double unit didn't fail.

Double uni should work. Depending on how soon you cut it, you may have to reverse the line on the spool so you aren't casting out the knot.

Good thinking! ....... ;)

Double uni should work. Depending on how soon you cut it, you may have to reverse the line on the spool so you aren't casting out the knot.

There,ya got your answer,and another vote for it... :)

When spooling my reel I accidentally cut the line too early, and was wondering if there was any way to connect braid to braid?

I would join with a Uni to Uni and then reverse the line. So the knot is closer to the bottom of your spool.

Would you trust the double uni with higher test braid, say 80# and using it to jig for bluefin tuna of up to 250+ pounds? Interesting this came up as I have been thinking of doing it on a heavier jigging setup but wasnt sure the strength of a double uni in heavier braid with heavier fish.