Van Staal 250 for sale

roy50

I have a Van Staal 250 gold for sale. It is a serial number 7500's. The reel is in good condition with some scratching but no major dents. I had the reel serviced at Rivers End in June 2011. They told me that the main gear had some wearing on it so they polished the gear with a polishing compound and completed the service. The reel works good and I don't see their being a problem with it but I just wanted the buyer to know this in case some day you want to replace the main gear but the reel is ready to fish and it is in good working order. The reel will be sold with no line on it. $425 shipped.

Thanks

[ATTACHMENT=4161]P1161871.JPG (2,097k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=4162]P1161873.JPG (2,144k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=4163]P1161874.JPG (2,004k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

I have a Van Staal 250 gold for sale. It is a serial number 7500's. The reel is in good condition with some scratching but no major dents. I had the reel serviced at Rivers End in June 2011. They told me that the main gear had some wearing on it so they polished the gear with a polishing compound and completed the service. The reel works good and I don't see their being a problem with it but I just wanted the buyer to know this in case some day you want to replace the main gear but the reel is ready to fish and it is in good working order. The reel will be sold with no line on it. $425 shipped.

Thanks

[ATTACHMENT=4161]P1161871.JPG (2,097k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=4162]P1161873.JPG (2,144k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

[ATTACHMENT=4163]P1161874.JPG (2,004k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Is the wear on the teeth from oil that had leaked out so that it was under-lubed? You state it could be picked up. What's your location? Thanks.

No, the reel was never low on lube. Rivers End had serviced the reel once a season. In June they told me there was some wearing on the main gear. I took a look at it and they had ran some polishing compond over it to smooth the gear out. The wearing apeared to be very minor so they told me it would be fine. The reel works perfect. You will not see anything wrong with it. The only way u would know is if you open it up and examine it. Im in west have, ct if u wanna see the reel.