Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Billy 40

NERBs Gathering #4 Sat Jan 21st + pix from this weekend

Rate this topic

34 posts in this topic

I wsn't going to do a gathering this weekend, but since several asked why not > I was left with no choice but to open up my shop to another 20+ builders. We had 20 the first, 23 the second, and 10 at the last gathering yesterday, many guys are coming back and "getting"that these gatherings are a lot more than just building rods. They also realized how limited the information gleaned off websites and youtube is when compared to what they see first hand at the NERBs Gatheirngs. They've invested the time and now are psyched up to build more, and are much more knowledgeable. If you're readin gthis and on the fence - what are you waiting for come on down this Saturday.

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2824059/width/600/height/234]

[img=

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2824063/width/600/height/450]

We're up to 8 so far for this Saturday, and the weather looks perfect for a Gathering. Rod Building with The NERBs on Saturday, Football on Sunday = a good weekend. xlrods@yahoo.com

Guys signing up left and right up to 17. HEre is what we will be covering:

Topics = I’m going to focus on thread techniques – Tiger wraps, dragon scales, NCP, Nylon, Metallics, Polyester , silk, Dec Wraps, VisualWrap. I have a very cool way of showing Tiger Wraps and explaining how to do them. Trim on guide wraps, shading guide wraps, wrapping guides.

Any other topics you are interested in, please let me know. With these topics I have allowed myself more free time to discuss blanks and components with guys who are looking to build a rod for a specific purpose. I have bene packing too much into the gatherings and running out of time – primarily because I go too far into detail, lol.

Hi Everyone,

Brand new to this forum and new to rod building as having only done 3 or 4 so far.  I'd like to come up for the meeting, just not sure the where/when of it?  Can you let me know.  I will post of couple of the builds I did so far and look for some feedback.

Thanks,

Joe